NameSilo

Domains in Coronavirus: Winners and Losers

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by Knup Solutions, May 19, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Knup Solutions

Knup Solutions Gambling & iGaming Domain Professional Gold Account

I am curious to see what some of the experts out there believe will be some winners and losers coming out of the coronavirus in terms of domains. What's next for domains following the pandemic? What are some changes we'll see? What will go away?

Hope everybody is staying safe.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

3. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

Just to clarify, I don't consider myself an expert...just old timer kicking some domain tires.

It will be the same old same old for the most part...lots of names will drop as income levels take a hit for a while.

There will be a surge in medical related domains being registered...some will sell but most will get renewed for a year or two then allowed to expire...few of those names will be scooped up in auction.

Really bad names will expire as beginners and long term investors will cull the herd of lowest tier names.

(again, I am not an expert in domain investing...just played one on TV) :xf.smile:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. Knup Solutions

Knup Solutions Gambling & iGaming Domain Professional Gold Account

Interesting insight, I appreciate your reply. Do you think every type of domain name will see a drop or are there other industries you think will perform better than others (on a domain basis)?

5. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

There are certain industries or niches of industries where domaining will lose, for example of course is the cruising industry (worldwide), tourism to China, numeric domains, etc..

There are some industries or niches whereby domaining could well benefit as far as sales and prices go, these include: hobbies (wide variety here), insurance (highs will be income insurance, medical, etc.) and strangely enough pensions, and counter-intuitively I think that domainers could well benefit from a boost in domain sales to the civil aviation industry as those airlines that are left will throw hammer and tongs at getting as many of the passengers as possible on their flights.

Just a quick reply, much of which I expect many will think is logical. Of course the rick is now to analyse those industries where domains are likely to grow in value and target acquiring domains connected to them.

Good thread by the way. And of course hope you and yours remain well and safe.

6. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

I don't think name values as a whole (tier two and up) will suffer anymore than commodities/stocks on average after things settle out (unless a pandemic vaccine isn't developed soon and/or humans don't learn).

Companies/startups/individuals with deep pockets will consider this a blip on the screen and will move forward with purchase plans for names.

Those that registered the proper covid/vaccine names early on are doing ok right now.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice