IT.COM

DomainMonster's whois privacy is a JOKE

NameSilo
Watch

vc

Established Member
Impact
They obscure your email with a NON WORKING bogus email address. So not only legitimate inquiries will never be forwarded to you, but you have to disable the whois privacy if you want to transfer out. With today's whois caching, wtf was the point of having it on in the first place.

I've tested email addresses from Internet.bs, Name.com, NameCheap, and NetFirms and they are all functioning.

:cy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi vc,

Sorry if you were having issues sending to the privacy email address against your domain. We had an issue in the last 24 hours that was affecting privacy service processing to a small number of domains, so apologies if you received a bounce back message when you were testing the address.

This is fully rectified now however so the issue will no longer be present. I’m more than happy to check your specific domain for you to give you peace of mind if you would like, Feel free to either PM me or drop our support team a line.

Just let me know!

Kind Regards,
April, Domainmonster support.

•••
Hi vc,

Sorry if you were having issues sending to the privacy email address against your domain. We had an issue in the last 24 hours that was affecting privacy service processing to a small number of domains, so apologies if you received a bounce back message when you were testing the address.

After 2 years they haven't fix this issue... :-/ maybe they have longer 24 hours than I have. I asked from support that why the email address in whois info when using the privacy don't work and the (bs) answer I get was that there is numerous security, business and logical reasons for this policy. :zzz::zzz: The address is working but the staff at Domainmonster.com are only one who can read those emails. And I don't have to worry because they don't disappear, but I won't receive them personally. D-: So the owner of the domain can't read those emails which are sent to the owner. In my opinion this is quite bizarre privacy policy. And that was the reason why I transfered all of my domains away from Domainmonster.com.
However, they claim on their website: "As well as Domains, we provide you with complete control. DNS, Email and Web Hosting."... :lol:

Using the same logic I'll think in the future they maybe will launch email service for people who don't want to get any emails but would like to have an "working" email address... :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back