IT.COM

discuss Domaining is a investing or a addiction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Phina

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello everyone!

Just a simple question domaining is a investing or a addiction for you?

For me this's addiction but without namepros this domaining is just a investing.

Could you complete this line:
Without namepros domaining___________?

Why namepros matter?

Whenever i feel bored and free then i don't open the other social apps only comes on namepros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello everyone!

Just a simple question domaining is a investing or a addiction for you?

For me this's addiction but without namepros this domaining is just a investing.

Could you complete this line:
Without namepros domaining___________?

Why namepros matter?

Whenever i feel bored and free then i don't open the other social apps only comes on namepros.
Its a very long term and patient investment simple and plain

•••
Domaining is a huge time investing in the big dreams that with time pay our big bills. For me personally, it's working and helped me a lot in bad times.

•••
Neither. Imo, at this time, domaining is a battle:

1) a "battle" with marketplaces trying to charge more and more, decreasing the quality and adding more bugs as the same time

2) a "battle" with fraudsters who are trying to "sell" you domains as theirs via mass frontrunning. Including listing your domains as theirs on Dan, Afternic etc. It also inclludes brokerage "firms" (who are representing themselves as such), just to secure the price and spam the whole world with your domain before they pay.

3) a "battle" with auction houses, including expired auctions, as the level of fraud and potentially corruption is enormous.

4) a "battle" with other domainers who are involved in corruption / NDA schemes (--> unfair advantage for them)
Agree. The battle or probably even risky sport if quick money is needed or big investment was done.

•••
Most people probably see it as both investment and addiction. Some people may need to take a break to not turn it into risky gambling.

•••
I have all the domain names I want. I do domain name consulting as a hobby. I find it fun.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back