NameSilo

discuss Domaining is a investing or a addiction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Phina

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello everyone!

Just a simple question domaining is a investing or a addiction for you?

For me this's addiction but without namepros this domaining is just a investing.

Could you complete this line:
Without namepros domaining___________?

Why namepros matter?

Whenever i feel bored and free then i don't open the other social apps only comes on namepros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. Looking forward to high quality responses
My answer. Profitable

•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros!
I see you are the latest member.

•••
•••
Yes, i'm new member but old in domaining.
Hi

how old are you, in domaining years? :)

still, to the question:
Without namepros domaining, would still exist.

imo...

•••
Hi

how old are you, in domaining years? :)

still, to the question:
Without namepros domaining, would still exist.

imo...
I'm just 6 years old in domaining.

Ahan that's nicely you fill the line.....

Without namepros you can't get easy access to registrars.

•••
Neither. Imo, at this time, domaining is a battle:

1) a "battle" with marketplaces trying to charge more and more, decreasing the quality and adding more bugs as the same time

2) a "battle" with fraudsters who are trying to "sell" you domains as theirs via mass frontrunning. Including listing your domains as theirs on Dan, Afternic etc. It also inclludes brokerage "firms" (who are representing themselves as such), just to secure the price and spam the whole world with your domain before they pay.

3) a "battle" with auction houses, including expired auctions, as the level of fraud and potentially corruption is enormous.

4) a "battle" with other domainers who are involved in corruption / NDA schemes (--> unfair advantage for them)

Last edited:
•••
A lot of gambling in it indeed

•••

1) a "battle" with marketplaces trying to charge more and more, decreasing the quality and adding more bugs as the same time

2) a "battle" with fraudsters who are trying to "sell" you domains as theirs via mass frontrunning. Including listing your domains as theirs on Dan, Afternic etc. It also inclludes brokerage "firms" (who are representing themselves as such), just to secure the price and spam the whole world with your domain before they pay.

3) a "battle" with auction houses, including expired auctions, as the level of fraud and potentially corruption is enormous.

4) a "battle" with other domainers who are involved in corruption / NDA schemes (--> unfair advantage for them)
Completely agreed.
Also auctions platform also involved in cash grab scams, yesterday i was reading post that godaddy allowing 2 account of the same person from 1 account he/she place $300 bid and from 2nd account he/she placed $10k to $30k bid then ultimately same person get the domain in $300

•••
•••
I'd say investing between both. But to me the correct word is Hobby

•••
Well same thing you can say for stocks or any investing for that matter💲

When you thoroughly research domain names, invest in the right high quality name, believe in it and patiently wait for it to appreciate in value then it is Domain Investing! :xf.smile:

•••
its a hobby

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It is different things to different people.

To some it is a hobby.
To some it is a lottery.
To some it is a business.

Some might be collectors.
Some might be investors.

Some might just be addicted.

Brad

•••
More than investing, or addiction, domains are a way of life for many people.

•••

5) a "battle" with hoarders (whether HD gobbling everything in auctions/registries cherry picking expired names and repricing as 'premium')

6) a "battle" with potential monopolies that want zero competition, so buy as many rivals as possible till there's no-one left to challenge them.

7) a "battle" to find quality names to reg - other than trending terms, the numbers decrease each day (esp in the .com extension).

•••
It is different things to different people.

To some it is a hobby.
To some it is a lottery.
To some it is a business.

Some might be collectors.
Some might be investors.

Some might just be addicted.

Brad
It can be tough to differentiate the two unless you have someone doing for you. Anything hands-on can become an obsession.

To complete OP's "Without Namepros domaining...":

Rebuttals do wonders on self-affirming investments. It is wise to consider opposing views.

I'd also be really bored.

•••
Domaining is a business to some- who legitimately have a action plan- to profit and a proven system.
If you make no money for years and just buying still then that may have an addiction
or lack of business acumen.

•••
Hey @Paul why was the OP account closed?
It smelled like a bored member creating a duplicate account to troll away.
Kudos for picking up on whatever the team picked up on hopefully you will fill us in 😌

Phina​

Feedback

Account Closed (Disallowed) · Pakistan
Joined Yesterday at 9:35 AM
Last seen Yesterday at 11:57 PM

•••
•••
Hey @Paul why was the OP account closed?
It smelled like a bored member creating a duplicate account to troll away.
Kudos for picking up on whatever the team picked up on hopefully you will fill us in 😌

Phina​

Feedback
Account Closed (Disallowed) · Pakistan
Joined Yesterday at 9:35 AM
Last seen Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Hey Paul, @MasterOfMyDomains asked a valid question. I hate the ambiguous “disallow”, what the other accs? Is there any way to show the main account?

I really appreciate your follow-up reply to it; i was alluding to anon dvs on his valid question;
why do we still have anonymous downvotes, @Paul?

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone!

Just a simple question domaining is a investing or a addiction for you?

For me this's addiction but without namepros this domaining is just a investing.

Could you complete this line:
Without namepros domaining___________?

Why namepros matter?

Whenever i feel bored and free then i don't open the other social apps only comes on namepros.
Addicting and potentially risky.

Spent quite a bit of money on my domains and still no sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back