Dynadot

Domain with 30% ClickThru - Parked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Would it make sense to develop a domain that's getting a click thru of 30%, with roughly 3500 uniques per month..earning roughly $200?

Could development earn much better than this? It's an online app related domain. I previously developed a mini page for it but found the click through wasn't as good..it went down to like 7%..mainly because the ads from adsense wasn't always related to the domain itself. Per click was a lot better but overall income went down to only 25% of just parking..

Any way to make adsense show more relevant ads? Or other suggestions on how to better monetize?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Would it make sense to develop a domain that's getting a click thru of 30%, with roughly 3500 uniques per month..earning roughly $200?

Could development earn much better than this? It's an online app related domain. I previously developed a mini page for it but found the click through wasn't as good..it went down to like 7%..mainly because the ads from adsense wasn't always related to the domain itself. Per click was a lot better but overall income went down to only 25% of just parking..

Any way to make adsense show more relevant ads? Or other suggestions on how to better monetize?

Thanks!

WPRobot

•••
I'd say you should develop what you have an interest in as then you have sites you like to work on so more of a fun profitable hobby than actual work. You also won't lose interest if your passionate about the topic. I think having a good handful of good developed sites trumps having 100 sites where not much effort is given or no interest in the topic so you don't lose interest in them.

Having a domain with zero traffic you will obviously see a boost in traffic by developing. Quite a few profitable parked domains don't always end up being more profitable by developing though.

So if I had an interest in the topic I'd try development and compare to see which produces more $
If zero interest in the topic I'd keep cashing the $200/month until the domain sells as not a fan of development just for the sake of development, pick the niches your strong in, ones your not cash the checks until you can sell the domain to someone who is strong in that niche. 10 fully developed real profitable sites generally trumps 100 mini sites. So I go all in or leave it alone based on my interest level.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9713?hl=en (Personalized advertising)
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/161355?hl=en

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back