NameSilo

Where to park a financial typo domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So, I have this unnamed typo domain that's credit card related. It's still parked at Sedo, but since their "IMPROVEMENTS" (which are just totally awesome wicked sweet), the pay per click has plummeted from about $2.00+ a click to roughly 17 cents a click. The optimization was never so great even at $2 a click.. Which is just phenomenal. Good work, Sedo. Why they think that increased clickthrough rates and drastically decreased pay per click rates is a sign of progress beats me... but I digress.

But anyways, the domain was making $300-$400 a month. I liked that money. I ENJOYED having that money. It covered bills outside of mortgage. And it's not happening now.

So, where the heck do I park this domain? It's credit card related... and almost certainly a TM violation. If I could find a place to park it that would pay even just a buck per click but would show the right ads, I'd be very pleased.

Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you kindly,

John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry I cant answer your question but I will say that was some nice $$$ from a parked domain.

•••
trafficclub gets me 7x higher earning on credit card related domains than sedo . . . just a data point

•••
How about insurance domain? Hitchhiker, do you have some experience with these too?

•••
johnny6 said:
So, I have this unnamed typo domain that's credit card related. It's still parked at Sedo, but since their "IMPROVEMENTS" (which are just totally awesome wicked sweet), the pay per click has plummeted from about $2.00+ a click to roughly 17 cents a click. The optimization was never so great even at $2 a click.. Which is just phenomenal. Good work, Sedo. Why they think that increased clickthrough rates and drastically decreased pay per click rates is a sign of progress beats me... but I digress.

But anyways, the domain was making $300-$400 a month. I liked that money. I ENJOYED having that money. It covered bills outside of mortgage. And it's not happening now.

So, where the heck do I park this domain? It's credit card related... and almost certainly a TM violation. If I could find a place to park it that would pay even just a buck per click but would show the right ads, I'd be very pleased.

Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you kindly,

John

Take a day and optimize it yourself (adsense) - if you do it right, it will make more bank and for a MUCH longer time than any parking service ever will.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back