Dynadot

Domain Transfers at GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Please, please help.

I have only been around a few weeks and have bought some names from here and godaddy. I decided to sell hotelxx.com for $NP's and this was great, finished today B-) I have emailed the winner (nice guy) :blink: and have gone to godaddy but for some reason it wont let me transfer??

I dont want to let another member down so could really do with your help :blink:

God I bet you all hate newbies really :notme:

another member involved also with 2 other names, please any help :|

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You need to unlock the name and request an account change with the new owner's e-mail. Then the new owner has to accept the account change by typing in some confirmation codes received via e-mail and going through a $0.00 checkout process.

•••
ok thanks guys will try now :laugh:

Ok selected domain unlocked it and tried to change details and got the following message D-:

This domain cannot be moved to another account because it is either locked, or not in an active status.

•••
Does the domain you're trying to transfer have a padlock thingy next to it? That means it's locked. You need to unlock the name first before making any changes.

•••
fish said:
Does the domain you're trying to transfer have a padlock thingy next to it? That means it's locked. You need to unlock the name first before making any changes.

yep am trying at the mo it has asked for all sort of new reg details

First Name:
Last Name:
Organization:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State: Email Address:
Phone: +1.

jeez its easier to keep em :hehe:

•••
All you really need is the new owner's e-mail associated with the GoDaddy.com account. I'm sure the new owner can change the registrant details later.

•••
fish said:
All you really need is the new owner's e-mail associated with the GoDaddy.com account. I'm sure the new owner can change the registrant details later.

oh ok I have those will try

thanks for all your help

ok just put in the email and I know get the message

Field Validation Error

Please correct the following issue(s):

A First Name is required.
A Last Name is required.
An Address is required.
A City is required.
A ZIP Code is required.
A State is required.
A Phone number is required.

lol this is blooming hard work :|

•••
Well, you need to put something in temporarily for it to go through. Or you could ask the buyer for the information and fill it in.

•••
fish said:
Well, you need to put something in temporarily for it to go through. Or you could ask the buyer for the information and fill it in.

yep have emailed both buyers and hope they comeback I dont want them to think I have wasted their time. I just thought it would be alittle easier than this? :laugh:

ok one buyer is happy :xf.love: but this has not been an easy process :(

•••
One last question on this subject if I may :wave:

I have managed to transfer all sites to new owners but am unable to find out on sedo where I cancel them on my list there :|

Anyone :hearts:

•••
You check them off and you select the "Delete" option from the drop-down menu.

•••
fish said:
You check them off and you select the "Delete" option from the drop-down menu.

Thanks ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back