IT.COM

Domain transfer woes (3ix.org/publicdomainregistry.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I've signed up with 3ix.org, and have purchased a domain and hosting services from them. I'm not satisfied and want to transfer my domain somewhere else (and get a refund for the hosting service, but that's another story). However, the domain (kovacs-telekes.org) has:
according to whois.

3ix.org says it was unlocked on 30 October.
They are a reseller of publicdomainregistry.com; I've contacted publicdomainregistry, and they said:
==
The domain name kovacs-telekes.org is already unlocked and is in Active status at the registry. You can place a transfer request by going to the gaining registrars control panel.

However, to place a transfer request you would require the Authorisation Code from your current reseller. You will not be able to place a transfer request without this transfer code. Kindly ask your current reseller to provide you with a transfer code for your domain name.
==
So I contacted [email protected] for the auth code. No reply. What can I do?
My domain control panel allows me to change the DNS, but that's all, it does not show the auth code.

The complete story is at:
http://kovacs-telekes.org/3ix.html

TIA,
Kofa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome aboard namepros. :)

In cases where the domain name is registered through a reseller for an actual
domain registrar, legal agreements force the latter to refer end-users to the
reseller first for possible resolution. Exhaust all means to resolve the issue with
them.

If nothing fruitful happens after 24-48 hours, then contact the registrar. They
mostly have a process for solving these kinds of problems.

•••
Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. Things have turned for the better after mentioning my posts on forums and review sites and my intention to contact the ICANN, it seems: they've given me a refund and info on why the domain cannot be transferred (transfer is prohibited for 90 days after registration). Why they were unable to tell this three weeks ago is beyond me.

Kofa

•••
welcome to namepros
Because their services is just sooooooooo sooooooooooo

•••
yeah the 90 day transfer thing is an ICANN rule, so theres no getting around it. Actually I thought it was 60 days, but I'm probably wrong.

•••
slipxaway said:
yeah the 90 day transfer thing is an ICANN rule, so theres no getting around it. Actually I thought it was 60 days, but I'm probably wrong.

it is 60days(icann rules), not 90days im dealing with something similar.

•••
Most registrars prevent Transfer within 60 days. The reason is so you dont buy 8 years at regisrar 1 - transfer to registrar 2 for another year and then do a chargeback on the first registrar (thus getting a domain for free for 8 years). 90 days maybe included in the terms of service - check there first!

•••
According to publicdomainregistry, it's 60 days. 3ix is a reseller of publicdomainregistry. Anyway, I have the domain and will transfer once the locked period elapsed.

Thanks for all replies, guys!

Kofa

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back