Dynadot

Domain Sponsors? Someone explain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been hearing stuff about domain sponsors. Could someone tell me what this is about and explain it to me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can't anyone explain this to me???

•••
Can you clarify what you mean by "domain sponsors"? Do you mean domainsponsor.com?

Dan

•••
you park your domains and send traffic to a domain sponsor (page redirection/dns update)
your domain sponsor earns money from traffic/clicks/sales
and gives you a commission for this

•••
From what I know-have heard the best are

sedo
domainhop
domainsponsor
fabulous

Each one has their advantages and disadvantages. Do a search here in Nmepros and you'll get some useful results

•••
Thanx you guys, I believe I understand now. Thanx again.

•••
how do you park names at domain sponsor? Their redirection is very slow...

•••
1rrr1 said:
how do you park names at domain sponsor? Their redirection is very slow...
I found forwarding the domain to be easier than useing proredirect.com, but then you can lose some traffic.

•••
You really won't lose much traffic unless it was a previously held domain name that had subdomains... Better bet might be to host site and set your 404 page to DS.
proredirect is buggy and slow in my experience.
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
You really won't lose much traffic unless it was a previously held domain name that had subdomains... Better bet might be to host site and set your 404 page to DS.
proredirect is buggy and slow in my experience.
-Allan

Then who would you recommend? I'm thinking about using one. Not sure yet.

•••
I would reccomend you Sign up at http://www.domainhop.com if you are going to sign up for one of those. They have the highest payouts.

•••
•••
My first post on namepros

I am new to namepros but not new to the domain business. I have close to 800 names parked at Domain Sponsor and I really like them because they allow me to self (force optimize) my domains. If you have a few domains with them and call them, they will be happy to allow you to have self opt.

I have noticed that once a domain gets optimized, the load time gets faster. I have a few domains parked with them (and cheated a bit) and used framesets for www.partypokersite.com www.pokerstars.cc and www.freepokerdollars.com . The flash banners load first, and then the DS page loads.

I also have about 15 names parked at domainhop. I use domainhop for domains that cant get the PPC on sedo or domainsponsor. I had yahdoo.com and could not get very much ppc on anything until I moved it to domainhop, Now I am getting the popup revenue and the search bar at the top helps.

Sometimes you have to experiment and try differnt parking programs for differnt domains

•••
danielr said:
I am new to namepros but not new to the domain business. I have close to 800 names parked at Domain Sponsor and I really like them because they allow me to self (force optimize) my domains. If you have a few domains with them and call them, they will be happy to allow you to have self opt.

I have noticed that once a domain gets optimized, the load time gets faster. I have a few domains parked with them (and cheated a bit) and used framesets for www.partypokersite.com www.pokerstars.cc and www.freepokerdollars.com . The flash banners load first, and then the DS page loads.

I also have about 15 names parked at domainhop. I use domainhop for domains that cant get the PPC on sedo or domainsponsor. I had yahdoo.com and could not get very much ppc on anything until I moved it to domainhop, Now I am getting the popup revenue and the search bar at the top helps.

Sometimes you have to experiment and try differnt parking programs for differnt domains

Hello Danielr and welcome to NamePros.
Very cool of you to take the time to help out a fellow member with your first post.
Now that you have had a bit of a look around, you might want to visit our Welcome Center
http://namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
and introduce yourself to the rest of the members and Staff.
Please read all the sticky's at the top of each Section of the Forum, as different areas have their own rules.
Enjoy your time spent here and thanks again for joining.
kid5150

•••
You send your domainto them you get money for the domains traffic..done :P

•••
Domainsponsor is one of the best PPC engines out there for parking domains.

•••
danielr said:

Hey, Welcome to Namepros! Thanks for the information. I was thinking about using a domainsponsor but I wasn't sure. Thanks again! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back