Dynadot

Auction 3.8M with bid and reserve met , buy now 45.000? What does it mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

antonio72

Established Member
Impact
Hi, looking at the SEDO daily auction today l see a domain with a 3,855,878 USD bid , reserve met, but typing the url into browser return an Afternic buy now page for 45k. Can someone explain how it works? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, looking at the SEDO daily auction today l see a domain with a 3,855,878 USD bid , reserve met, but typing the url into browser return an Afternic buy now page for 45k. Can someone explain how it works? Thanks
What’s the name

•••
bigfund.com 3.8M , aysel.com 3.8M
SEDO Link

•••
•••
•••
Definite fake. Someone trying to sell his domains this way using a fake bid on each of those domains.

•••
Looks like they have done the same with ansan - though it's for a different bid amount.....

It redirects to Godaddy (once you get pass the ad's) and is for sale for $47,616 same as aysel and BigFund.....

@Sedo I think you need to look into it.......

Last edited:
•••
I read in the bid screen "to place bids above 10,000.00 USD, an additional certification is required and completion of this process may take several business days.", l suppose those bids falls into this use case.

•••
•••
Looks like they have done the same with ansan - though it's for a different bid amount.....

It redirects to Godaddy (once you get pass the ad's) and is for sale for $47,616 same as aysel and BigFund.....

@Sedo I think you need to look into it.......

I agree. They had better to check. I've red that for some auction sellers are required to pay a fee, if certified buyers can bid amounts and then disappear, this would be a bad ad for the auction service. There is also the issue of the live Afternic bin page, l mean... at least a DNS or redirect policy for ongoing auctions.

•••
not sure, but i'd be skeptical as to why the person bidding that much wouldnt just BIN for 45k.

•••
Back