Dynadot

registrars Hand Registration or 'Hand Reg' as You Say

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JJomain

Impact
I keep reading about the surreptitious HAND REGISTRATION of domain names.

It brings to mind thoughts of going to the dark basement of some old downtown, Quasi-government-ish building and using a pencil to fill out a paper registration request and handing it to receiving clerk behind a small window with bars, similar to a New York City ticket box office, but darker...

Can anyone explain what it really means to 'hand reg' a domain name and how it is done without going to GoDaddy or one of the registrars we all know about?

My apologies if this question has already been answered a thousand times, but many members of this forum use the term.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It simply means that you register a domain yourself that is available (not registered at the moment) at normal registration fee, through your registrar (like GoDaddy, Dynadot, Porkbun, or other).

Meaning also: it is not a domain that you buy in the aftermarket (like Sedo, Dan, Afternic, GoDaddy Auctions, etc).

Welcome to the forum @JJomain.

Last edited:
•••
Hand registering means you are plugged into marketing. You feel a sense of names. Nothing more.

Good luck.

•••
Hand registering means you are plugged into marketing. You feel a sense of names.

I strongly disagree. The bulk of newly registered domains are throwaway garbage.

What you state is the ideal but certainly not a common trait.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back