IT.COM

question Why do you replace here domainforsale.com with "domainforsale at .com" ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elodo

Established Member
Impact
Would you, please, explain to the noob - you replace here domainforsale.com with "domainforsale at .com" because of what? What does this precaution prevent?

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would you, please, explain to the noob - you replace here domainforsale.com with "domainforsale at .com" because of what? What does this precaution prevent?

Thank you!
Google indexing.

•••
That I could presume - but I don't understand yet, I'm afraid, why Google indexing is a bad thing in this case.

•••
•••
That I could presume - but I don't understand yet, I'm afraid, why Google indexing is a bad thing in this case.
Hard to say, some worry that google will index it and that it would hurt it's CEO in the future or make new buyer mad. However, it is usually not a problem. Some decide to just put the domain and say it's in "king extension" and king stands for .com.

•••
I especially do that when buying domains at wholesale prices on the forum. You don’t want a potential buyer in the future googling the domain they are interested in and seeing you bought it for a lot less than you are selling it for.

•••
Exactly, in some cases Google indexes the name and the next thing potential client sees while browsing for it is this discussion about how shitty the name is and two cents from each and everyone on how to sell it...

Last edited:
•••
1679300807634.png

1679300902961.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back