IT.COM

Domain purchased from closeout is now GONE?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CryptoInvestor

Experienced InvestorTop Member
Impact
Hello! I purchased a domain from GoDaddy back in December, I got it from a closeout deal for about $17 total. I just got it Brandpa approved and went to change the nameservers, and its gone! I checked the whois and found it was transfered back to another user on the 6th of this month. I emailed him but, why was he able to do this and how is this allowed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question re Godaddy closeouts, auction etc.

Due to the high renewal fees I decided to let my godaddy auction membership expire. Got notified of it but for some reason I can still use the auction. It looks like godaddy did not cut me off after all.
High renewal fees of the auction membership? I get it for ~$5 which is reduced further if I use a discount coupon. Have you tried one of those?
Also, I experienced the extra days of access too. But iirc, it stops the moment you want to acquire a domain on auction or closeout. So don't bank on this "grace" if you're interested in an fairly active auction and want to participate in it. You might not have enough time to then purchase the membership and then participate in the auction

•••
High renewal fees of the auction membership? I get it for ~$5 which is reduced further if I use a discount coupon. Have you tried one of those?
Also, I experienced the extra days of access too. But iirc, it stops the moment you want to acquire a domain on auction or closeout. So don't bank on this "grace" if you're interested in an fairly active auction and want to participate in it. You might not have enough time to then purchase the membership and then participate in the auction

No the auction membership is cheap enough, I am talking about the domain renewals and the gouging that godaddy does there. I kinda decided to let godaddy go for a while, they have made enough money on me for now.

•••
Question re Godaddy closeouts, auction etc.

Due to the high renewal fees I decided to let my godaddy auction membership expire. Got notified of it but for some reason I can still use the auction. It looks like godaddy did not cut me off after all.

Can you still login to the auctions?

•••
At the moment I can do everything, I even placed a bid on an expired domain.

Maybe they are keeping me running knowing I am a domainer and they don't want to see their income stream end from me.

I don't know why..... maybe in few days it will click off but I know I am expired.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back