IT.COM

Domains disappear from GoDaddy Closeout, are there any changes?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Hi all,
yesterday I found two domains at GoDaddy closeout, I put them in the basket, and decided that the morning was wiser than the evening, so I removed the domains from the basket and got out of my account, after about 15 minutes, however, I decided that the domains are worthwhile and have nothing to wait until the morning, but to my surprise GoDaddy show me that they were not available,

I tried to find them unsuccessfully, then tried to add other random domains to the basket and then delete them and get the same result, they just disappeared.

Are there any changes I do not know about?

P.S last time that I bought a domain from GoDaddy closeout was 2 weeks ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can call up GoDaddy and they can reset the domains and put it back in your basket. :)

•••
@bonin After domains are removed from the cart, you need to wait 2 hours until they're placed back in the marketplace and can be added to the cart again.

•••
As far as I know, the domains get taken off the auction listing temporarily when you add them to your basket in order to give you a chance to register them without the risk of somone else grabbing them whilst u are in the checkout process.

They will get added back to the listings after a short while if you don't complete the checkout process.

•••
$5 Closeout domains may not get added to listings again. However, a simple call to your account manager can get this done.

•••
Thanks to all of you, I have missed to learn this until now

•••
i think your cart clears autmatically after x hours. if you do not check out

and #2 previous owners renew their domains too, so then they get removed from auctions/carts.

gl

•••
is this 2hrs duration is correct ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back