NameSilo

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by smurge, Jun 5, 2012

Replies:
Views:

1. Igor Mironyuk

Igor Mironyuk Established Member

All depends from the name and price. If domain is good then price must be realistic.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. pablohc86

pablohc86 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

my advice: if you are in serious need of cash and you are not already a domain parking expert... stay away from this kind of "business".
    it's not a scam or anything bad.. but you can spend your time in better ways

3. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

just to be sure.. this does translate into: its very hard and long to become a domain park expert... correct? :)

4. hui2000

hui2000 Stable Brands VIP

Thanks for sharing, How long did you start seeing traffic after registering it?

5. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

i think bottom line is:
    most of us know there are people who make 4 or even 5 figures per month from parking.
    and most of us know we will never get there.

still.. that does leave 3 figures per month from parking... which is nothing to be ashamed of. many countries people make 3 fig per month salries... and work real hard physical jobs to do it too.... think ukraine.. bulgaria... pakistan.. much of africa.. thailand.. vietnam.. and many more!!! so if you amke 3 figures in parking and don;t wanna work.. well... all u gotta do is move there ......then u can come here and say you make so much money from parking that u can live from it alone. :)

me on real good day I make $10 a day on bodis... on good day I make $5... on bad day I make 2$ :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. Igor Mironyuk

Igor Mironyuk Established Member

How you review ParkingCrew? I have account there and for all time just $0,09

7. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

it will depend on your names.. but for me personally the best performers were in best to worst order:

bodis
    pc
    voodoo
    sedo

the differences were big enough to basicaly just stick to bodis.

but... this does not mean other companbies are bad.. it could mean my parking names/knowledge is bad... there are people who make tons of money on pc or voodoo...

still i do represent the average beginner in parking.. in my $100-200 per month revenues... therefore, for such people.. i would still recommend bodis... translation: imo all beginner/average knoiwledge domainers who want to park names, should use bodis for best results.

that being said, I sometimes get lucky with couple of handregs which make revenue.. without having the (usaully paid) tools or knowledge to check them ahead of time.. translation: I reg an expired name for its name value, but it ends up making park money.

other than this i also buy from others.. on namepros... proven revenye names... but such names, for good price (think 1 yr revenue price) are almost non existent nowadays.

hope this helps. cheers

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  8. pablohc86

if you are starting today.. before you make 3 fig per month in parking it will take pretty long time.
    if you do it fast it's because u spent a lot.
    well, spending that time and money in other projects can surely get more for you.

9. dotcommercegroup

dotcommercegroup New Member

This is great. Thank you!

10. Jak Blak

Jak Blak Established Member

Hi All. This thread has been outstanding. Thank you Smerge and everyone else who contributed advice.

My first question: Lets say we have 100 bl. 50 of them are on topic, in the industry, pertain to my domain. Maybe even some .edu or .gov.

But 50 of them are politics and current events. What do you think? 50/50 in my industry vs. junk. Would you say the domain is OK, Or no?

Second question: You have found an interesting domain at auction, looks like it might make money. But others are bidding it up, up, up. How do you know when to stop? At what point do you say, well this was a great domain, but another one will come down the pipe next week? Maybe there will be less competition.

So far I have made $40 in my first month on Bodis in 2020 with four domains. That is the good news Bad news, in all I paid about $1600 for them. But - I think they can all be sold at a profit when an interested buyer comes along. These names are good enough to renew until I find my buyer.

I also have 35 domains with some traffic and no revenue. Most of these are geo-service or tourism domains that I was hoping to flip this year. The tourism domains I might develop and place affiliate ads, because traveling is my passion and I know those places well.

11. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If the income stays the same each month then $40x12=$480x100/1600=30%. That's a pretty good return. To break even you'd need to sell 1 or more domains to a total of $1120 during the remaining 11 months. Then the cycle repeats for next year, but your investment is only of 100 domains less sales x Regfee, approx $850. Which does in hindsight worry me a bit. It means you paid approx 2x regfee to buy these domains at auction. Which would lead me to ask myself, how good are these domains? Really? Where to sell them at a profit?

You should probably drop all domains with zero or below regfee income for a full year. I know this feeling about your passion, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of your business. You should be developing what you plan to develop now. I might add that the tourist industry has been very hard hit by Covid-19. Tourism is still not really moving. Which might be why you have delayed any immediate plans to develop them.

I trust they are all .com's?

I would also add that you should probably add Parking Crew to Bodis and to open an account at Above. Send your traffic to Above and they will send the traffic to the best payer, Parking Crew, Bodis, or Above.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  12. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

any park pro here with knowhow and tools can do me favor and say if i shuld keep renewing glamour,,and,,silk,,,,com
    or if its looking dead or deadish? ty

i bought it as part of big 20-30 rev name pack for around 1k.. but it never lived up to the stats the seller showed me.. then in time i learned pc asxtually pays u more if yer overall revenues are higher.. which was his case.. not mine.. thats basically when i moved to bodis.. they claim they do not do it.. i believe them.. then again, why would pc do it and not bodis or all of them? i actually had pc confirm they do this via support ticket.

in other words so if say u make 5k per month total rev, they may give you X % more revemue o share for yer names... and less cut for company..type of thing.. i guess i'll let each of u decide how fair it is.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  13. james haw

james haw Top Contributor VIP

Unless I'm misunderstanding those names you mentioned, they're 5 or 6 figure names?

14. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

Remove the commas, add a dot between silk and com, and you have a domain :)

15. pablohc86

that is not worth to renew if it's already not making more than regfee...
    i talk about from the traffic purpose

16. RawHoneyNetwork

RawHoneyNetwork New Member

Hi @smurge I appreciate this post. so much helpful information and I am sorry If you have already answered this. I am new to this community but do have a long background in web design. What are the best available tools free or not to analyze the backlinks? You mentioned DuckDuckgo has some type of tool? Basically how do you determine good backlinks from bad links (without giving us your tread secrets). I was looking at a domain earlier that have neatly 70k but no idea on how to distinguish bad from good.

BD

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice