IT.COM

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smurge

The journey is never endingVIP Member
Impact
And so it begins!:wave:

My goal is to help people learn more about the parking industry and help them earn more money while spending less of it.

There are tons of tricks,tips,secrets that people use to make money in this business.

Let me say this, I will not discuss illegal or bad practices here so please don't ask.

What will I talk about? How to find domains,with traffic for cheap. Creating long term wealth for yourself and how to do it on a budget. I will answer questions and talk about what I know. If there is something I'm not familiar with or not knowledgeable about I will say so.

I am not here to start flaming wars with other domainers or parking gurus. Everyone has their own set of rules to making money. If you don't like mine, that's okay , but please share your ideas with everyone instead of bashing others.

Myths I want to debunk now:

#1. Parking is dead. (Far from it)

#2. You can't make money doing it. (B.S.- you can make a ton of money in it)

#3. Only the rich can do this. (This is not true!)

#4. Google doesn't like domain parking! (Yes they do, they make a ton of money off it. If they hated it so much why do they continue to support it?)

----

So what's the point of all this? It's to help people with parking.

Please feel free to email,pm, or post your questions here and I will do my best to answer them all.

Thanks!

RJ

(P.S. I'm not the best writer so I apologize for any grammar or sentence structure mistakes in advance.)

--Answers to Questions I'm frequently asked!--

#1. What parking companies do I support/like?

These are the main ones I use and have had great success with. I base my success not only on the amount of money I make but also, customer service and transparency.

In alphabetical order:

- Bodis.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)(Zero Click Model Supported)
- Domainsponsor.com (Supports Foreign Traffic) (Zero Click Model Supported)
- Parkingcrew.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)
- Voodoo.com (Highest Payouts In The Industry)

#2. What tools do you use to help you evaluate domains?

Besides my own "TOOL", which I'm not here to promote I would suggest the following;

1. Push2check.com - Great resource site (I do not affiliated with them in anyway)

If we break down the tools I generally look at the following:

Traffic Sources: (Understand that no tool is 100% accurate but together you can get a great picture.)

1. Compete.com
2. Alexa.com
3. Quantcast.com
4. Verisign Labs: http://domainscore.verisignlabs.com/ ( WARNING: This tool to be used when you have mastered other tools. The information on this site is tricky but can be useful)

History of the domain:

1. Archive.org
2. who.is

Backlinks: ( There are plenty of tools for these but here are some sites I use)

1. Majesticseo.com
2. Google Backlinks
3. Yahoo Backlinks
4. DuckDuckGo.com
5. AHrefs.com: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/brickbuyers.com
6. opensiteexplorer.org (Enjoy this one. It's the search engine for backlinks)

Keywords:

1. Google Keyword Tool

#3. Where can I get lists to analyze:

I have my own tools that do the work for me however here are a few places you can grab lists from to analyze:

1. Dynadot.com
2. Expireddomains.net - (good site)
3. Namejet.com
4. Snapnames.com
5. Godaddy.com
6. Freshdrop.net - (this covers a majority of the above & more)

#4. Do all your domains make money?:

NO!

I'll say it again : NO! I STILL PICK LOSERS!

In fact anyone who says they make money on every single purchase is lying. No one has a 100% success rate and you don't need to. What you need to do to win in this business is;

#1. Pick 51% winners
#2. Make sure to keep your costs low and make more then your spending.

Understand a single domain can make up the costs of lost ones. I picked a domain that makes me $15.00 a day in revenue. That means I'll make $450 a month with it and it's recouped $300 I've lost on previous domains.

Trust me, the sea of domains is massive and there are ton's of GOLDEN NUGGETS ready to be mined by all.

#5. How much do you spend on domains?:

I've spent anywhere from $.99 - $x,xxx! If I like a domain I will spend what I need, to get it as long as "I CAN STILL MAKE A PROFIT"! That's the key.

However, recently I am testing a new program which allows me to buy strictly "HANDREGS". YUP, Handregs! You would be surprised at how much stuff is just sitting on the ocean floor of domains that people think are garbage.

#6. Blacklisted Domains? Revenue Sucks! HELLLLLP!

This is something that's not addressed a lot and something everyone should be aware of: THE BLACK LIST!

This still happens to me this day. I'll buy a domain only to find out the previous owner got blacklisted from Google. This will affect your revenue greatly because Google will not allow Parking Companies to display the proper ad's on your site. If this happens you will need to go to a second feed like Yahoo! or Zeroclick model.

Common Terms for Blacklisted:

1. Faillisted
2. Blacklisted
3. Fail

Check the status of a domain when you park it and you'll see what I mean.

Edit:6/12/2012: Thank You www.ri.sch.edu.sg for this tool!

Originally Posted by www.ri.sch.edu.sg

One thing I can add to this thread is to check if the domain is blacklisted before you purchase them, simply point to:

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=(Insert Domain Here)

Classification:

Primary = Google

Secondary = All others but Google (Faillisted,blacklisted, etc from google)

Hope that helps

#7. YUM! YUM! Domain Tasting

If you're not sure what this is it's when you buy a domain and test the traffic for a set amount of time and if your not happy with the traffic you can get a refund or partial refund of your handreg fee.

One thing I see all the time is: Domain tasting is dead! No it's not!

Yes; it might not be as prevalent as it once used to be but there are companies out there that still allow it. How do I know this? Because I do it.

#8. Can I promote or advertise my parked domains?

No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No!

If I wasn't clear let me repeat it; NO!

#9. What do all those backlinks mean from different sites?

(Thanks Martiinko for the info)

All those sites "backlink" scanners work by "downloading" the pages all over internet and then searching for URLs in it. Moving from one page to the other over these links. But...

1. There maybe a difference in last time they check this domain for backlinks.

2. There is definitely a huge difference in their databases of pages. That means if one site has smaller DB they don't probably have all the backlinks from as many pages as the other site.

3. Some backlinks are maybe updated, some maybe aren't. The process of "crawling" the web is very time consuming, so not all the backlinks can be verified every day.

To your other question. The links like you described are ok. If you park a domain all the requests go straight to the main page. But what is important is where is the link located. Is it a "spam in comments section", is it in the "blog post" or is maybe a "banner"?

So I collected couple different pages (and I'm collecting even more) for you to check if the webpage/domain was ever parked before ;) Some have form input some are just simple url + domain name.
I will make it into a simple web app, so you don't have to go to all of this pages when checking a domain name for parking history. Mostly screenshots.

Was this domain name parked before?
All of them are free. And I don't have any connection to them whatsoever.

Fun fact: This article got to 2th place in google search for Domain name parking history after 20 minutes.

*** WORDS OF WISDOM ***

1. Never spend money you can't afford to lose! Consider every domain investment a loss till you make your money back because that's what it is. No one can tell me different on this and the reason why is you are "NEGATIVE" that amount of money till it's recouped.

2. When you buy a domain to park; look to get your initial investment back within 6-12 months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They need to find out what your domain is about before providing relevant ads .
The more traffic your domain gets, the more relevant the ads, the quicker this process will be finished.

So, it's easy to understand that .. no traffic = no proper optimization

EDIT: forgot to add that, in your case (ie. where the domain was already in an account in the same parking service), normally there is no optimization needed 'cause it's already be done when the previous owner added it.

Note that optimization constantly works, it's just that -for said domain- the ads appearing should be already relevant
So If I good understand, if the domain was already in A account in X parking service, and it was moved in B account in the same X parking service there is no optimization needed and the traffic should be the same from 1st day?

•••
So If I good understand, if the domain was already in A account in X parking service, and it was moved in B account in the same X parking service there is no optimization needed and the traffic should be the same from 1st day?

Again: traffic has nothing to do with optimization. Please read again my previous posts :)

•••
Again: traffic has nothing to do with optimization. Please read again my previous posts :)
I know that, I am speaking about that traffic should be same from first day after moving it to another account? :)

•••
I know that, I am speaking about that traffic should be same from first day after moving it to another account? :)

The first post I answered to you mentions that.
ie. If there is indeed traffic then, yes, it should appear immediately after the ownership check resolves.

I've had free expired domains I bought, which were parked before, that -as soon as I added them into my parking account- they received traffic in just a couple hours

•••
The first post I answered to you mentions that.
ie. If there is indeed traffic then, yes, it should appear immediately after the ownership check resolves.

I've had free expired domains I bought, which were parked before, that -as soon as I added them into my parking account- they received traffic in just a couple hours
Thank you for answers!
What about the domain moving from A parking service to B parking service? i.e. On A parking service I had 200 vistors daily, but after moving this domain to B parking service, it is getting only about 10-15 visitors daily? What can be wrong?

•••
Thank you for answers!
What about the domain moving from A parking service to B parking service? i.e. On A parking service I had 200 vistors daily, but after moving this domain to B parking service, it is getting only about 10-15 visitors daily? What can be wrong?

That has to do with how each parking service measures/filters traffic.
Measuring domain/site traffic is more complicated than it looks

It's nothing to worry about though, your 'real' traffic is not getting lost or anything. The visitors that are bound to click, ..will click :)

•••
That has to do with how each parking service measures/filters traffic.
Measuring domain/site traffic is more complicated than it looks

It's nothing to worry about though, your 'real' traffic is not getting lost or anything. The visitors that are bound to click, ..will click :)
Specifically, I am speaking about moving from RM to PC :)

Last edited:
•••
Specifically, I am speaking about moving from rookmedia to parkingcrew :)

RM show a lot of visitors compared to the much more strict PC filter.

Again, don't worry about that. It's best to focus on the earnings and clicks performance.

•••
RM show a lot of visitors compared to the much more strict PC filter.

Again, don't worry about that. It's best to focus on the earnings and clicks performance.
Ok, thank man! Maybe you can say what is different Above compare to RM or PC? Above includes all of them?

•••
Ok, thank man! Maybe you can say what is different Above compare to RM or PC? Above includes all of them?

Above as the word 'above' (meaning, something you mentioned before?) or above as in Above.com?

•••
•••
As in Above.com :)

Above.com is a parking 'manager' and not a parking company, so it's not comparable with the above parking companies

What they do is,
A. they work as a parking report platform. That is, they get the traffic from all the parking companies you add in your above.com's account and they show said traffic to you in one page per domain per service, etc.
You need to see for yourself since there's a lot more to their reports to cover here.

B. they also work as an earnings 'optimizer' (for lack of a better expression) by getting your traffic, trying out various parking services (only those that you add in your above.com's account though) and then sending the traffic to the best performing parking service according to their algorithm.

Optionally, you can get advantage of their internal monetization system called the 'maximizer' which works with their own ad network and it's very selective in the traffic it monetizes.

Above.com is very complex to explain in a post. Best you can do is to contact them and they will explain everything for you.

•••
Above.com is a parking 'manager' and not a parking company, so it's not comparable with the above parking companies

What they do is,
A. they work as a parking report platform. That is, they get the traffic from all the parking companies you add in your above.com's account and they show said traffic to you in one page per domain per service, etc.
You need to see for yourself since there's a lot more to their reports to cover here.

B. they also work as an earnings 'optimizer' (for lack of a better expression) by getting your traffic, trying out various parking services (only those that you add in your above.com's account though) and then sending the traffic to the best performing parking service according to their algorithm.

Optionally, you can get advantage of their internal monetization system called the 'maximizer' which works with their own ad network and it's very selective in the traffic it monetizes.

Above.com is very complex to explain in a post. Best you can do is to contact them and they will explain everything for you.
What is your opinion: it is better to park directly on parking service or use above.com?
Also can be CTR -150% or even 500%?

•••
What is your opinion: it is better to park directly on parking service or use above.com?
Also can be CTR -150% or even 500%?

My opinion is,
parking is about trying out things. I can't tell how your domains will behave on above.com, on RM, on PC or on any other parking service out there.. it's you that needs to test them out and choose what works best for you.

I don't understand the question on CTR

•••
My opinion is,
parking is about trying out things. I can't tell how your domains will behave on above.com, on RM, on PC or on any other parking service out there.. it's you that needs to test them out and choose what works best for you.

I don't understand the question on CTR
Click-through rate (CTR) :)

•••
•••
•••
What CTR % is normal? Can it be i.e. 150% or even 500%? :)

it can but there is no 'normal' . A domain either brings you money or not
for me, if a domain brings me anything above regfee is ok and acceptable

•••
it can but there is no 'normal' . A domain either brings you money or not
for me, if a domain brings me anything above regfee is ok and acceptable
Maybe you can explain me. If I got 1 visitor and CTR was 200%, that means that I got 1 visitor and he clicked ad 2 times, I am right? How it is possible to click 2 times? :)

•••
On bodis get visitors but not clicks any solution ? :(

•••
Maybe you can explain me. If I got 1 visitor and CTR was 200%, that means that I got 1 visitor and he clicked ad 2 times, I am right? How it is possible to click 2 times? :)

I can't answer this question 100% but to me it makes sense for a visitor to follow multiple links from your domain until they find what they need.
Depending upon what they do when they arrive at the destination site, you get paid different amounts of money -if at all.

•••
So
I can't answer this question 100% but to me it makes sense for a visitor to follow multiple links from your domain until they find what they need.
Depending upon what they do when they arrive at the destination site, you get paid different amounts of money -if at all.
So I don't need to worry about my CTR, if it will be 200%, or even 500% :)

•••
Look, I need some info (I do it for learning purposes) , for example domain (already registered) dgch888 dot com according to majestic.com has stats like this:

External Backlinks 10,289,156 Referring Domains 14,965 Referring IPs 8,969 Referring Subnets 5,063
Educational
Ref. Backlinks 1,483 Governmental Ref. Backlinks 10,803 Educational Ref. Domains 47
Governmental
Ref. Domains 99 Indexed URLs 286,143 Position in Majestic Million 35,972

Could be this domain good for parking?

Thanks

•••
Look, I need some info (I do it for learning purposes) , for example domain (already registered) dgch888 dot com according to majestic.com has stats like this:

External Backlinks 10,289,156 Referring Domains 14,965 Referring IPs 8,969 Referring Subnets 5,063
Educational
Ref. Backlinks 1,483 Governmental Ref. Backlinks 10,803 Educational Ref. Domains 47
Governmental

•••

Educational
Governmental

This looks like a spammy domain to me but, seriously, even if I could answer your question I can assure you , you'd have learned nothing about parking.

Unfortunately, you need to find out how parking works on your own, no-one will share their earning tactics, that's for sure.
The only way to learn about parking is to read a lot and buy domains to test various things on your own.
That's how I did it anyway

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back