Dynadot

Domain Parking: Tips & Tricks to Help You Earn More!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smurge

The journey is never endingVIP Member
Impact
And so it begins!:wave:

My goal is to help people learn more about the parking industry and help them earn more money while spending less of it.

There are tons of tricks,tips,secrets that people use to make money in this business.

Let me say this, I will not discuss illegal or bad practices here so please don't ask.

What will I talk about? How to find domains,with traffic for cheap. Creating long term wealth for yourself and how to do it on a budget. I will answer questions and talk about what I know. If there is something I'm not familiar with or not knowledgeable about I will say so.

I am not here to start flaming wars with other domainers or parking gurus. Everyone has their own set of rules to making money. If you don't like mine, that's okay , but please share your ideas with everyone instead of bashing others.

Myths I want to debunk now:

#1. Parking is dead. (Far from it)

#2. You can't make money doing it. (B.S.- you can make a ton of money in it)

#3. Only the rich can do this. (This is not true!)

#4. Google doesn't like domain parking! (Yes they do, they make a ton of money off it. If they hated it so much why do they continue to support it?)

----

So what's the point of all this? It's to help people with parking.

Please feel free to email,pm, or post your questions here and I will do my best to answer them all.

Thanks!

RJ

(P.S. I'm not the best writer so I apologize for any grammar or sentence structure mistakes in advance.)

--Answers to Questions I'm frequently asked!--

#1. What parking companies do I support/like?

These are the main ones I use and have had great success with. I base my success not only on the amount of money I make but also, customer service and transparency.

In alphabetical order:

- Bodis.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)(Zero Click Model Supported)
- Domainsponsor.com (Supports Foreign Traffic) (Zero Click Model Supported)
- Parkingcrew.com (Supports Foreign Traffic)
- Voodoo.com (Highest Payouts In The Industry)

#2. What tools do you use to help you evaluate domains?

Besides my own "TOOL", which I'm not here to promote I would suggest the following;

1. Push2check.com - Great resource site (I do not affiliated with them in anyway)

If we break down the tools I generally look at the following:

Traffic Sources: (Understand that no tool is 100% accurate but together you can get a great picture.)

1. Compete.com
2. Alexa.com
3. Quantcast.com
4. Verisign Labs: http://domainscore.verisignlabs.com/ ( WARNING: This tool to be used when you have mastered other tools. The information on this site is tricky but can be useful)

History of the domain:

1. Archive.org
2. who.is

Backlinks: ( There are plenty of tools for these but here are some sites I use)

1. Majesticseo.com
2. Google Backlinks
3. Yahoo Backlinks
4. DuckDuckGo.com
5. AHrefs.com: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/brickbuyers.com
6. opensiteexplorer.org (Enjoy this one. It's the search engine for backlinks)

Keywords:

1. Google Keyword Tool

#3. Where can I get lists to analyze:

I have my own tools that do the work for me however here are a few places you can grab lists from to analyze:

1. Dynadot.com
2. Expireddomains.net - (good site)
3. Namejet.com
4. Snapnames.com
5. Godaddy.com
6. Freshdrop.net - (this covers a majority of the above & more)

#4. Do all your domains make money?:

NO!

I'll say it again : NO! I STILL PICK LOSERS!

In fact anyone who says they make money on every single purchase is lying. No one has a 100% success rate and you don't need to. What you need to do to win in this business is;

#1. Pick 51% winners
#2. Make sure to keep your costs low and make more then your spending.

Understand a single domain can make up the costs of lost ones. I picked a domain that makes me $15.00 a day in revenue. That means I'll make $450 a month with it and it's recouped $300 I've lost on previous domains.

Trust me, the sea of domains is massive and there are ton's of GOLDEN NUGGETS ready to be mined by all.

#5. How much do you spend on domains?:

I've spent anywhere from $.99 - $x,xxx! If I like a domain I will spend what I need, to get it as long as "I CAN STILL MAKE A PROFIT"! That's the key.

However, recently I am testing a new program which allows me to buy strictly "HANDREGS". YUP, Handregs! You would be surprised at how much stuff is just sitting on the ocean floor of domains that people think are garbage.

#6. Blacklisted Domains? Revenue Sucks! HELLLLLP!

This is something that's not addressed a lot and something everyone should be aware of: THE BLACK LIST!

This still happens to me this day. I'll buy a domain only to find out the previous owner got blacklisted from Google. This will affect your revenue greatly because Google will not allow Parking Companies to display the proper ad's on your site. If this happens you will need to go to a second feed like Yahoo! or Zeroclick model.

Common Terms for Blacklisted:

1. Faillisted
2. Blacklisted
3. Fail

Check the status of a domain when you park it and you'll see what I mean.

Edit:6/12/2012: Thank You www.ri.sch.edu.sg for this tool!

Originally Posted by www.ri.sch.edu.sg

One thing I can add to this thread is to check if the domain is blacklisted before you purchase them, simply point to:

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=(Insert Domain Here)

Classification:

Primary = Google

Secondary = All others but Google (Faillisted,blacklisted, etc from google)

Hope that helps

#7. YUM! YUM! Domain Tasting

If you're not sure what this is it's when you buy a domain and test the traffic for a set amount of time and if your not happy with the traffic you can get a refund or partial refund of your handreg fee.

One thing I see all the time is: Domain tasting is dead! No it's not!

Yes; it might not be as prevalent as it once used to be but there are companies out there that still allow it. How do I know this? Because I do it.

#8. Can I promote or advertise my parked domains?

No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No!

If I wasn't clear let me repeat it; NO!

#9. What do all those backlinks mean from different sites?

(Thanks Martiinko for the info)

All those sites "backlink" scanners work by "downloading" the pages all over internet and then searching for URLs in it. Moving from one page to the other over these links. But...

1. There maybe a difference in last time they check this domain for backlinks.

2. There is definitely a huge difference in their databases of pages. That means if one site has smaller DB they don't probably have all the backlinks from as many pages as the other site.

3. Some backlinks are maybe updated, some maybe aren't. The process of "crawling" the web is very time consuming, so not all the backlinks can be verified every day.

To your other question. The links like you described are ok. If you park a domain all the requests go straight to the main page. But what is important is where is the link located. Is it a "spam in comments section", is it in the "blog post" or is maybe a "banner"?

So I collected couple different pages (and I'm collecting even more) for you to check if the webpage/domain was ever parked before ;) Some have form input some are just simple url + domain name.
I will make it into a simple web app, so you don't have to go to all of this pages when checking a domain name for parking history. Mostly screenshots.

Was this domain name parked before?
All of them are free. And I don't have any connection to them whatsoever.

Fun fact: This article got to 2th place in google search for Domain name parking history after 20 minutes.

*** WORDS OF WISDOM ***

1. Never spend money you can't afford to lose! Consider every domain investment a loss till you make your money back because that's what it is. No one can tell me different on this and the reason why is you are "NEGATIVE" that amount of money till it's recouped.

2. When you buy a domain to park; look to get your initial investment back within 6-12 months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Backlinks is again the terms of Bodis. :(

•••
Not gonna get banned for getting links to a mini site then parking the domain. Only if you get them while parked.

•••
So you mean to say we can place our domain links from other websites ?

•••
Not if parked currently. Has to be unparked.

•••
If currently i have parked then what is the solution ?

•••
How would the parking companies checked when the links were made?

•••
Good Question. But they must be some way to cross check

•••

The parking companies don't know but Google does know link age for sure.

Not gonna get banned for getting links to a mini site then parking the domain. Only if you get them while parked.

One may not get banned but i think it's a very loose interpretation of TOS.

I think it's pretty clear what they mean to say, you don't promote your domains. Ever. Your domain traffic should not be the result of your own promotion efforts.

If you are doing some kind of trickery e.g promote then park, or switch your website to parking on and off you are doing your own interpretation of the TOS or trying to find a loophole even when it isn't there.

Last edited:
•••
Remember nothing was said about switching. Just tearing down a website and parking the domain. That's in the guidelines. Not gonna tell you don't park the domain because it didn't work out as a site.

•••
So many peoples told me to get a website to get traffic on fresh domain.

I think that will work for me.

•••
So many peoples told me to get a website to get traffic on fresh domain.

I think that will work for me.

My suggestion is to not do anything except to educate yourself.

After one year, I still haven't learn how to find a traffic domain for regular revenue. Instead I hand-reged a few, some has traffic but none earned enough revenue to cover yearly registration fee.

•••
My suggestion is to not do anything except to educate yourself.

After one year, I still haven't learn how to find a traffic domain for regular revenue. Instead I hand-reged a few, some has traffic but none earned enough revenue to cover yearly registration fee.
It's hit and miss with instincts and strategy methods.

•••
•••
If you are going to develop a site, you don't need to park, but learn how to monetise by adsense, ads, affiliates, lead generation etc..

•••
If you are going to develop a site, you don't need to park, but learn how to monetise by adsense, ads, affiliates, lead generation etc..
Correct but suppose if i don't get a website the how can i get a traffic on new fresh domains ?

•••
Hi, I have question: my domain was parked on RookMedia and was getting about 220 visitors daily, now I parked this domain on Parkingcrew and it is getting only about 20 visitors daily...What could have happened?

•••
Hi, I have question: my domain was parked on RookMedia and was getting about 220 visitors daily, now I parked this domain on Parkingcrew and it is getting only about 20 visitors daily...What could have happened?

Rookmedia always reports more users. I think they're reporting all the hits.

•••
•••
I have question:
If I am buying domain for parking from somebody who has parked it before on X company and transfering it to the same X parking company just to my account. How much time it will take to get same results it was with previous owner?

•••
I have question:
If I am buying domain for parking from somebody who has parked it before on X company and transfering it to the same X parking company just to my account. How much time it will take to get same results it was with previous owner?

If we suppose that the traffic is the same (ie. previous owner didn't sell you a dying-traffic domain) then you should see results immediately after the ownership check resolves

•••
If we suppose that the traffic is the same (ie. previous owner didn't sell you a dying-traffic domain) then you should see results immediately after the ownership check resolves
What is dying-traffic domain?Should not be there optimization on parking company X?

•••
What is dying-traffic domain?Should not be there optimization on parking company X?

a domain could receive traffic from various sources.
Said sources don't stay alive forever, there is a point in time when they cease to exist / cease to provide traffic.

For example, if we're talking about backlinks, then the site that provided said backlinks could have moved / redesigned / cleared the backlinks that lead to parking domains, etc.

Parking company's optimization has nothing to do with a domain that has no reason to receive traffic

•••
a domain could receive traffic from various sources.
Said sources don't stay alive forever, there is a point in time when they cease to exist / cease to provide traffic.

For example, if we're talking about backlinks, then the site that provided said backlinks could have moved / redesigned / cleared the backlinks that lead to parking domains, etc.

Parking company's optimization has nothing to do with a domain that has no reason to receive traffic

So for what purposes is being done optimization?

•••
So for what purposes is being done optimization?

They need to find out what your domain is about before providing relevant ads .
The more traffic your domain gets, the more relevant the ads, the quicker this process will be finished.

So, it's easy to understand that .. no traffic = no proper optimization

EDIT: forgot to add that, in your case (ie. where the domain was already in an account in the same parking service), normally there is no optimization needed 'cause it's already be done when the previous owner added it.

Note that optimization constantly works, it's just that -for said domain- the ads appearing should be already relevant

•••
When we have to park domains and when have to not park domains ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back