Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Domain ownership question

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Kaspian

Established Member
Impact
1
Hello folks,

My question is: where is that clearly stated that according to ICANN registrant is the owner of the domain? Or at least that registrant has a right to claim the domain?

I feel like a noob, like everybody knows about that I don't. >:( I've read ICANN resolution policy and other docs at their website and I still can't see where it is clearly stated.

Note: I'm not interested in "legal" matter of ownership (who owns a domain according to state laws or whatever). I'm only interested in ICANN / registrars policy.

Thanks for your replies.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi Kaspian, your one and only mistake was to think that ICANN would state anything 'clearly'!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back