NameSilo

Domain names unreachable on some cellular networks.

Labeled as advice in General Domain Discussion, started by Victor Waites, Jan 23, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

I have a domain name that can't be reached on one major cellphone network and it's subsidiaries. What could be the issue?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Now that's a really broad question. It could be on a DNS blocklist. On a proxy blocklist. There could be routing issues. TCP/IP issues. The website can block CIDR ranges. Other issues. It could be anything, but you have to be more specific.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  3. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

I'm asking, because I don't have a clue. The domain register explained to me that everything was working just fine, and I thought maybe it could have been my phone, but that wasn't it. I tried requesting that same domain on a different phone, with a different cellular company, on the same network and I experienced the problem. What I would like know is who should I contact about this, because something is wrong and I am being kicked down the road. It's like a mechanic taking advantage of a woman who has no knowledge of how an engine works.

4. du6262

du6262 Established Member

How about domain name resolution

5. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

Hey, I'll look into all of theses ideas. Thanks guys. I just needed some where to start.

6. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Most domains work with mobile browsers one thing about mobiles overlooked is how gtlds work in sms. It is quite easy to accidently create a link. Eg two.words with a dot between them.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  7. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

My reason for asking the question was to find out who would be responsible and how do I get it fixed

8. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Without the exact domain name, the name of the telecom provider, their DNS resolvers, the source IP and perhaps NAT port, destination IP, website specifics, it's really difficult to answer your question. We cannot say who is responsible here without this information. The only thing I would suggest is: find a local nerd to test and debug a few things for you :)

9. Buriable

Buriable Established Member

The domain might be flagged as adult content on a list that the mobile network uses, you can try using unblocked.org.uk to see if the domain is being blocked or not and submit it for approval there too

10. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

Thank you.

11. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

The servers that your domains are hosted on,are they assigned new ip addresses on a regular basis or do they retain the same over time?

12. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Same IP.
    What type of error do you get?

13. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

My ip address has been changing.
    I don't receive any errors. The site just will not load.if that is the correct terminology.

14. GTBAAA

GTBAAA Established Member

Clear DS records for domain and it will work. I'm betting you just transferred from one registrar to different registrar. The old registrar is the culprit - they entered DS records.. When transferred, this garbage is still there. Clear out this record and it will work.

DS (DNSSEC) records.... NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DNS.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  15. GTBAAA

GTBAAA Established Member

16. Victor Waites

Victor Waites New Member

This was going on
    I didn't want to make the names public until I was sure of what was happening.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice