Dynadot

alert Domain name was stolen from my account - MCV.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stan123

Established Member
Impact
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you contacted Network Solutions?

•••
Have you contacted Network Solutions?
Sorry about the that. What feedback are your getting from network solutions?

•••
Contact NetworkSolutions asap.

@jberryhill Is (one of) the most knowledgeable members here regarding these matters.

•••
The New owner as per whois shows, Virtual Estate, LLC which is updated on 22nd Jan 2018.

File a suit..The case is very crisp and clear if there is no record of monteray transfer thereof related to this domain..

Consult a Trusted Attorney and 100% u ll get this back...Do not delay before this Domain gets transferred to another 3rd person's account..

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Oh wow... this thead could get juicy! @Stan123 -- sorry for your loss. I will do some research later tonight.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Stan123 --- When do you think the domain stolen?

Below is a WHOIS from 21 November 2017 which shows Virtual Estate LLC as the owner. The 24 September 2017 update date may or may not be correct.

upload_2018-1-29_21-32-58.png

•••
•••
“We” think there is a problem. The “we” guy from the apartment in Florida has his fingerprints are on this one? Was “We” brokering it?

•••
maybe those members that were brokering it may have some insight of who they were representing?!

•••
well its the same whois as the names listed on DomainNamebrokers . com

VIRTUAL ESTATE, LLC

•••
is DomainNamebrokers and Daniel Errecart the same person/co?

I think the OP should also provide some information - especially when he noticed it gone?

•••
is DomainNamebrokers and Daniel Errecart the same person/co?
Afaik, Daniel Errecart is one of Flippa's brokers (I'm not sure though)

Edit: Yup, I was right. He's also on NP - @Daniel Errecart
check his "information" section

Last edited:
•••
Well last time here according to his profile was Nov 2017

Does include selling names to your own LLC Count? lol.
CM Capture 4.jpg

Last edited:
•••
doing a search of NP for 'MCV.com' it looks like they were both brokering the name.

Last edited:
•••
Address change from Florida to Brooklyn NY November 12th, 2017 according to domain history

CM Capture 5.jpg

•••
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

I contacted NetworkSolutions, they told me the transfer was completed on 1/16/2018,
and they contacted ICANN Registrar with this message:

Re:MCV.COM
After researching this situation, we believe this was the result of an unauthorized transfer. We believe that the customer’s account was compromised and did not authorize the transfer of this domain name. Would you be willing to accept a TURF to allow the previous RNH to take control of the domain name?

We look forward to your update.

•••
I contacted NetworkSolutions, they told me the transfer was completed on 1/16/2018

That's when it transferred out of Network Solutions.

The WHOIS info stayed.

Are you Virtual Estate or Stanley?

If you're Stanley, and you did not push the domain to Virtual Estate account, then the theft would have occurred months ago. ie when the WHOIS changed from your information.

•••
@Stan123 --- When do you think the domain stolen?

Below is a WHOIS from 21 November 2017 which shows Virtual Estate LLC as the owner. The 24 September 2017 update date may or may not be correct.

Show attachment 79316

Thanks Grilled,
I contacted NetworkSolutions, they told me the transfer was completed on 1/16/2018,
and NetworkSolutions sent an email to ICANN Registrar with this message:

Re:MCV.COM
After researching this situation, we believe this was the result of an unauthorized transfer. We believe that the customer’s account was compromised and did not authorize the transfer of this domain name. Would you be willing to accept a TURF to allow the previous RNH to take control of the domain name?

We look forward to your update.

•••
I contacted NetworkSolutions, they told me the transfer was completed on 1/16/2018

Again, that is when it transferred out of Network Solutions.

When was it pushed to another network solutions account? This might have occurred sometime between September and November.

•••
Back