IT.COM

alert Domain name was stolen from my account - MCV.COM

NameSilo
Watch

Stan123

Established Member
Impact
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
he says he didn't login to his account since 6 months ago, so Network Solutions thought it was the best time to steal his domain, since they can see every time he logs in.

Network Solutions thought that by the time Stan123 notices, the domain would have been long sold by then for thousands of dollars.

•••
stan is saying he never hired any broker and has no idea who those brokers are

the question now is what information domainnamebroker and Daniel Errect can shed on this

The threads above I posted of past history, DNB was offering it here evidently without authorization, and the IMK buyer backed out, and so did the MCV buyer.

•••
sorry, i see what you mean now

when was the last time they were on NP?

•••
You guys are true idiots, I take my hat off to you, for being imbeciles!

Duh, he says he didn't login to his account since 6 months ago, so Network Solutions thought it was the best time to steal his domain, since they can see every time he logs in.

Network Solutions thought that by the time Stan123 notices, the domain would have been long sold by then for thousands of dollars.

WHy this sort of non-productive comment. The name was offered here for sale last year look at the above links provided by @creataweb

•••
Without approving the email it wont initiate the transfer
That's not necessarily how it works at netsol. You may log on to your account and find that your domain simply is not there, even though the domain had not expired, and even though you never initiated/approved a push/transfer out.

•••
•••
You guys are true idiots, I take my hat off to you, for being imbeciles!

Duh, he says he didn't login to his account since 6 months ago, so Network Solutions thought it was the best time to steal his domain, since they can see every time he logs in.

Please, watch your tone - unless you have absolute proof this is going on please refrain from insulting members.

•••
•••
CM Capture 8.jpg

•••
•••
Coincidently, the last day on the forum was the same as the change date on domainhistory before the change.
CM Capture 9.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
@Stan123

I would recommend you to contact law enforcement and a lawyer immediately. Someone of our members reported recently that the FBI has a special unit for cyber crime.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Something to note, @DomainNameBroker.com was also selling imk.com in some sales threads containing MCV.com.

upload_2018-1-30_1-43-51.png

imk.com was moved to internet.bs in or around December 2017.

The previous owner of imk.com is Stephen May. Somewhat recently, several high value domains previously owned by Mr. May were listed at NameJet and other venues. It also looks like in October 2017, Mr. May let a high value domain such as Ancestry.org expire. It was picked up at pheenix.

I had written a little bit about Mr. May in a previous DNB thread... (though it was removed for being off topic :()

https://www.namepros.com/threads/imk-com-14-000.1049940/

upload_2018-1-30_1-53-9.png

•••
•••
@Stan123

I would recommend you to contact law enforcement and a lawyer immediately. Someone of our members reported recently that the FBI has a special unit for cyber crime.

This ^^

The fact is, we have no proof you are the rightful owner. You could be somebody trying to hurt the business of another member, and/or the domain owner. I am not saying this is the case, but it's the within the realm of possibilities.

That's why proper authorities are needed to access / verify required information. I assume both @FlippaDomains and NamePros have more detailed information that could assist with an investigation, but they will only give this to the proper authorities who deemed they are acting behalf of the rightful owner.

@creataweb had created a thread detailing @DomainNameBroker.com namepros activity...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...-consolidation-thread-and-discussion.1045822/

Last edited:
•••
stan is saying he never hired any broker and has no idea who those brokers are

the question now is what information domainnamebroker and Daniel Errect can shed on this

☟ This statement says otherwise

yes, Domainnamebroker.com is selling my domain. How to get it back?

•••
Popcorn get your popcorn this will be most viewed thread of month awaiting outcome.

•••
•••
2017-09-29 Transferred to worldnic.com / 185.53.179.22 Team Internet AG
Tech/Admin Email: chenstanley(at)yahoo.com (mistake made by using yahoo, gmail, etc...)
Contact Verisign domain registry service.

•••
•••
So it looks like the OP lost the name in September 2017 at which time the DomainNameBroker otherwise known as "we' was trying to sell in their words with "no validation" or escrow service even if the buyer was willing to pay the fees. Seems the DNB also has disappeared from this forum since that attempted sale..?

It definitely all seems fishy from my POV... Especially on DNB's part with no escrow, bank wire only, "no validation", and willingness to push a name for 5 figures prior to receiving payment.

Hope the OP gets their name back if it was truly stolen - but seems like a good bit of time has passed since the suspected theft, which can most certainly work against regaining control of the name.

If the Flippa sale goes through that would certainly add one more layer of difficulty in regaining control of the domain.

@FlippaDomains @Daniel Errecart

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back