Dynadot

Domain name locked..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J919

Impact
Hi Everyone,

My domain name 'whatsapweb.site' got locked (can't renew it) by the registrar due to allegation from Facebook. Email I received from my registrar states :
--------------------------------------------------
- Unfortunately, Namecheap was legally required to lock your domain (along with others) due to allegations from Facebook, who alleges that you and others are using the domain(s) for abusive purposes. In addition, we were required to put these domains in the custody of the court. This was not an action that we wished nor wanted to take. It was forced upon us by Facebook and allegations it made about the domain(s) in a pending suit it brought against Namecheap.

If you believe your use of the domain is non-infringing or that it was included in the lawsuit by mistake, we will forward any information or evidence you provide us along to Facebook’s lawyers to see if it will agree to remove your domain from the lawsuit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question:

Since my domain name contain 'whatsap' not 'whatsapp', and the website with this domain only provides information about AP (Access Point) devices, is it still infringement /violate the trademark rights ?

Thanks for your time and response.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know how you feel.

I had a site where people could compete in a trivia contest to name former boxers and I called it XboxGame.com. I can't possibly imagine why Microsoft got upset.

Then I had a site where friends could get together and chat about beer and I called it BudBeer.com.

After that they took away my domain name where I had information for people who visited the Brazilian rain forest once already and wanted to go back - AmazonReturns.com

I just can't understand why I keep getting my generic domains shut down.

•••
So now I'm thinking of starting a business where I sell stuffed plush toy birds, called MyCrowSoft.com.

No problem there, eh?

•••
let it go your not gonna win ^^

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back