IT.COM

Any help? Domain name locked due to Pending TDRP Complaint.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dong Yuan

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Hello,

I have big problem i have buy domain for $1 Million USD on 8 May 2017 and transfer it to PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com then in 20 June 2017, My registrar sent me message inform me the Domain name was locked due to Pending TDRP Complaint, i have sent him the proof of payment show that i have paid for this domain via bank transfer to the seller, but they not yet reply to me guys any one can help me how to protect my domain from revert back to the Loosing Registrar and unlock my domain.

I am sorry i can't show the name of domain for my privacy

Please i need your help as soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those $1M affairs begin and end all too easily....

•••
i think the seller who do that because we contact him no reply, he tell to his Loosing Registrar my domain was stolen then the registrar open TDRP Complaint

I spoke to the seller, who said the domain was not stolen. Can you please clarify the following:

1. Where are you located
2. Where is your seller located
3. Why would the seller file a TDRP if you made an agreement to buy the domain

While you are at it, can you please tell us about these domains:

1048.com
1049.com
1215.com
1539.com
1844.com
1846.com

Thanks.

•••
Why would the seller file a TDRP if you made an agreement to buy the domain

To be clear, Acro, domain registrants have no direct access to the TDRP. It is up to a disputing registrar to proceed with a TDRP in circumstances where (a) a losing registrar refuses to allow an authorized transfer, or (b) a gaining registrar is alleged to have permitted an unauthorized transfer.

The only way a domain registrant can initiate a TDRP is to persuade their registrar to do it on their behalf. Only registrars can file TDRP's.

The other thing about the TDRP is that it only is a procedure for determining if a transfer was technically and administratively correct. In other words:

1. Did the gaining registrar obtain authorization from the current administrative contact when the transfer was initiated?

OR

2. Did the losing registrar deny a transfer when the gaining registrar had obtained valid authorization from the current administrative contact when the transfer was initiated?

If someone's email was compromised, and that email address was used by the hacker to authorize the transfer, then the transfer is perfectly fine and valid under the TDRP.

The TDRP is hardly ever used. The reason is that it is very unusual for the EPP auth code to be issued to anyone other than the admin contact for the domain name. It is kind of a leftover policy from the time when the RRP (registry-registrar protocol) didn't have the EPP auth code mechanism.

One thing that is absolutely not going to matter in a TDRP under any circumstances is whether some person somewhere has a bank statement showing that they sent money to someone somewhere else. That has absolutely no relevance to the TDRP at all. None. Zilch. Zero. If the transfer authorization obtained by the gaining registrar matches the admin contact for the domain name, it was a valid transfer under the TDRP. Period. End of story.

But highjackings in general are one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of WHOIS privacy services. I've been able to help out a lot of people in domain theft situations, but if the domain name was under WHOIS privacy, then I have to tell them not to bother me, since there is no objective evidence they ever owned the domain name in the first place.

The other thing I categorically dislike explaining to people is that if you bought or sold a domain name, the deal went bad, and you can't tell me who you bought it from or sold it to, don't waste my time.

•••
Last edited:
•••
So is this op, the original owner, the recipient of a stolen domain, or the thief?

The op posted that it is resolved???

•••
•••
•••
So sounds like there was no 1 million dollars to begin with. This thief tried to steal the domain and sell it, but was somehow blocked.

•••
So sounds like there was no 1 million dollars to begin with. This thief tried to steal the domain and sell it, but was somehow blocked.

He actually stole the domain, but it has now been locked while the real owner is working with the registrar to take it back.

OP also stole the NNNN .com domains listed above, which were returned to their owner. There are other domains worth looking into, which were sold by this guy here.

•••
Hey.... wait a minute!!

I thought I owned 988.com !!

If anyone gets help with this million dollars it should at least be another namepros member :xf.grin:

•••
He actually stole the domain, but it has now been locked while the real owner is working with the registrar to take it back.

OP also stole the NNNN .com domains listed above, which were returned to their owner. There are other domains worth looking into, which were sold by this guy here.

what other domains? and did you say he actually sold them here on np?

so this guy stole in past, steals now, and is more or less allowed to go free and potentially screw others in future too? is this what pretty much happens to all theives in domaining? ie.. nothing.

•••
The OP is also the thief who stole 1215.com and from whom it was recovered by the owner.

On edit: ah, I see Acro included that one.

•••
That's almost unbelieveable. What an awful scumbag.

This crap is happening more and more. In just the last couple of days I had to contact Name cheap cause I keep getting password reset emails. Only I'm not doing them. They told me it was safe because I use tfa. Still bugs me. Over years that never once happened, now 3 times in two days?? It's getting crazy.

•••
so this guy stole in past, steals now, and is more or less allowed to go free and potentially screw others in future too? is this what pretty much happens to all theives in domaining? ie.. nothing.

Well, we'll send you out in the Namepros squad car to pick him up, then.

One of the all-time best name thieves was a guy named Omid who lives in Iran, and who is also believed to have performed some services for the government there at one time or another. Who would you like to go get him?

•••
Well, we'll send you out in the Namepros squad car to pick him up, then.

One of the all-time best name thieves was a guy named Omid who lives in Iran, and who is also believed to have performed some services for the government there at one time or another. Who would you like to go get him?

true. the world can seem like big place when one's driving around it in a namepros squad car...

well.. never mind going to get him physically. what would be nice is some way to ban him from ever owning domains again. stolen or not.

•••
Maybe there needs to be an encrypted wallet of sorts for domain names requiring a key, or perhaps the registrars need to be required to bear some responsibility in securing their customers registered domains.

The current systems are really a joke.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Maybe there needs to be an encrypted wallet of sorts for domain names requiring a key, or perhaps the registrars need to be required to bear some responsibility in securing their customers registered domains.

The current systems are really a joke.

well.. I am sure a lot of people and companies are doing their best to minimize damage.
but examples like this clearly show there is still much improving left to do.

•••
Seriously, if I lost my phone I have no idea what I would do. My only protection is login info and my phone.

•••
misinformation in bold (dr.com > free email provided by World Media Group > mail.com )

WFM.com
has been acquired by Whole Foods Market, with the transaction likely taking place around 4/4/2014. The domain went from a DONG YUAN with a EVOQ@dr.com to a Kelly Lawrence with a [email protected] email address on 4/4/2014. By 4/10/2014 a Ben Odom with a wholefoods.com email address is in whois. Who “Kelly Lawrence” is or how they are connected to Whole Foods is unknown, but one option is they are a domain buyer broker due to the short stay in whois. Dr.com is owned by World Media Group, LLC which is a very large domain portfolio owner, so they may have helped in some way with the domain purchase.

February 16, 2015 Source dotweekly.com

•••
I told you guys something smells fishy.

•••
•••
extra emails

libobo.ly (at) gmail.com
dko (at) dreamwiz.com
hangzhoushow (at) gmail.com

maybe?
123800 (at) qq.com

extra name
Dong Jin Kim

Last edited:
•••
I told you guys something smells fishy.

Yes, but you want to avoid saying that too early, before there is a chance to draw the fish out some more.

It was bullshit from the get-go for the reasons I discussed in connection with how the TDRP works, if you read between the lines of my post on that topic (i.e. this guy wouldn't be involved in a TDRP in the first place). When a registrar brings a TDRP, if indeed there was one going on here in the first place, it is generally because there has been a communication error between registrars, and there is generally no need to escalate it to a TDRP, because the technical facts of a TDRP are pretty cut and dried. This is why they almost never happen in the first place.

But, and I get this pretty regularly, there are sometimes situations where someone needs "help with a problem" because what they are actually trying to do is to learn enough about how a particular system works in order to figure out a way to game it. Those questions are "interesting" to the extent that drawing out the inquirer can lead to entertaining results.

There were a lot of things in this guy's posts that didn't make sense. But don't spoil the party by tipping your hand early.

what would be nice is some way to ban him from ever owning domains again. stolen or not.

How would such a thing even be possible?

Such an implementation would require a way of actual personal identification between the registrant and the registrar. There's no way to do that.

I can go to the store with some cash, buy a sim card and a pre-paid debit card, and I have a phone and a debit card with no ID (the details if you want to do it right can vary by country, and you might want to use a smurf to make the purchase). Using public wifi, I get a free email account. I can now register domains, pay for them, and confirm text messages if necessary, and nobody knows who I am.

There was a proposal a while back during the last negotiations of the registrar accreditation agreement, in which the law enforcement and government factions wanted registrars to collect ID numbers like driver's licenses or passports, when a domain name is registered. Of course, registrars have no way to confirm any of that data, and it's not as if anyone is going to give registrars access to all of the ID databases on the planet in order to "confirm" them.

Even in situations where a vendor online does something like "send us a scan of your driver's license" or passport or whatever, it's not as if there aren't a zillion ways to fake a .jpg of a driver's license or passport. These are simply mechanisms to test "how far is this person willing to fake it", and some butt-protecting to the extent "we tried", but don't really serve any useful purpose of actually identifying anyone. This also leads to the problem of registrars - who can also be almost anyone - having a huge abusable and/or hackable cache of ID data.

But the upshot of the inability to truly identify a person on the internet is that you can't ban "a person" from doing anything on the internet either. There were some discussions a few years ago about developing a framework for a standardized "digital ID" for use in e-commerce applications, but the usual paranoia from the "it's the mark of the Beast!" crowd makes it difficult to actually solve the problem productively.

Last edited:
•••
Jesus, these are brilliant:
Yes, but you want to avoid saying that too early, before there is a chance to draw the fish out some more.
There were a lot of things in this guy's posts that didn't make sense. But don't spoil the party by tipping your hand early.

Fascinating, and something to take note of.
But, and I get this pretty regularly, there are sometimes situations where someone needs "help with a problem" because what they are actually trying to do is to learn enough about how a particular system works in order to figure out a way to game it. Those questions are "interesting" to the extent that drawing out the inquirer can lead to entertaining results.

...Do you think it's possible? Crypto or better tech?
There's no way to do that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back