Dynadot

question Domain name from entry to abandonment ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gao Yimo

Established Member
Impact
My gTLD domain names are all on the DAN platform, but I haven't received any inquiry or purchase yet; I don't know why? (Maybe it's a spam domain name)

A domain name that you think is valuable has no value in the eyes of others. It takes time to verify; sometimes it takes many years to find the right buyer and sell it at the right price.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My gTLD domain names are all on the DAN platform, but I haven't received any inquiry or purchase yet; I don't know why? (Maybe it's a spam domain name)

A domain name that you think is valuable has no value in the eyes of others. It takes time to verify; sometimes it takes many years to find the right buyer and sell it at the right price.

Thanks!

Maybe, but maybe the domain(s) also have a lack of demand.

Lack of sales start with lack of inquiries.

Lack of inquiries are normally related to one (or more) of the following -

1.) Domain Quality. Low quality domains rarely get offers.
2.) Lack of time. Even good domains can take a long time to find the right buyer.
3.) Lack of exposure. Not being listed as for sale on popular venues.
4.) Price. High prices can turn off potential buyers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I may not be suitable for domain name investment ! 😭😭😭😭

•••
Maybe, but maybe the domain(s) also have a lack of demand.

Lack of sales start with lack of inquiries.

Lack of inquiries are normally related to one (or more) of the following -

1.) Domain Quality. Low quality domains rarely get offers.
2.) Lack of time. Even good domains can take a long time to find the right buyer.
3.) Lack of exposure. Not being listed as for sale on popular venues.
4.) Price. High prices can turn off potential buyers.

Brad
thank you for your reply

I may have registered some spam domains.

The sale price was not high, and the buyer had the option to bid, but there was none.

•••
I may not be suitable for domain name investment ! 😭😭😭😭
Maybe you've just bought crap / marginally ok domains. You aren't the first person to be there, I'd put my hand up to that. Even decent domains can take time to receive an offer. Check out the beginners section and be realistic with what you've got, may be helpful

Last edited:
•••
most domains, including one word domains, will not get any inquiries at all. Domainers usually don't talk about this but you could own a portfolio of 10,000 .com names including exact match domains with major search volume, names that might've sold once for 5 figures, names that were at auction that had 40 unique bidders, and you will sit without a inquiry for years or decades. If you do get some offers, most will be 20 dollar offers for your best names and the offer will come from someone with an IPv6 address that links back to a 5 dollar phone connected to the web using 3G.

To survive as a domainer you must delete a lot of your names and hold on to the good ones long term and price them very high. Expect to hold on to a name about 15-20 years and if you have enough good ones, one sale will cover the others plus you will be able to treat yourself to a McDonalds happy meal and have some change to buy a 2 dollar lotto scratch off and hopefully win 7 bucks so you can renew your nampros membership, it's worth it in my opinion.

When I do sell a name and I get the notice from afternic or dan, I try guessing what name sold. I never got it right in over 10 years. Sales also come when you least expect it and usually they come in pairs, and then quiet. The worst feeling in this business for me is when I agree to someone's offer and they vanish. I understand brokers that ask you pay them a small fee to help secure a name.

Don't feel bad about yourself, you are just like 99% of all domainers. Read as much as you can, follow some auctions, read about trends, look at names that sold and the hold times when they are available.

Last edited:
•••
I'm glad to receive your reply, if you have any good suggestions and guidance, you can reply.

Thanks!

•••
Back