Dynadot

domains Domain King – Rick Schwartz confirm prices he paid for Premium Domains

NameSilo
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
Rick Schwartz aka The Domain King, shares the prices he paid to acquire his 6000+ Domain Name Portfolio inc Candy.com, Properties.com and more... read all about the prices he paid such as VirtualTours.com for $100 USD, Properties.com - $61,000 USD and more on Robbies Blog.

Link to the blog post is below, but what do you think these domains would cost today to acquire, nearly all would be at least six figures, many seven figures...

http://robbiesblog.com/rick-schwartz/6115

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
D*ck.com - $200
Filthy.com - $795

Wow.... must have been a while ago.

•••
Virtual tours for $100 is a great purchase

•••
He should be one of the strongest investors in domain names,
He is my idol.
I hope one day I can have one of his 10,000 domain name enough

•••
Virtual tours for $100 is a great purchase

I agree. I picked up /Create/Virtual/Tours/ two days ago.

I can't imagine how early he would have had to have bought it for it to be $100. Wow.

Last edited:
•••
well.. not super relevant info
as that was just another era for name pricing.
i was just barely out of diper back then... well. not quite but u get the picture..

still congrats on being visionary... only visionaries get rich from things like domains... or bitcoins... others just make a living from it if they work hard enough.

•••
The selection of names says a lot about what was on Rick's mind back then :xf.grin:

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Some amazing buys there, my personal favorites are Queen at $2500, Booty at $1k, xxxvideos at $900, Filthy at $795, Dick at $200 and Cheapest at $62, all those domains for just over $5k, that is great investing as to be said.

Last edited:
•••
The selection of names says a lot about what was on Rick's mind back then :xf.grin:

Lol, but it definitely was a good investment. At the time, adult was where they money was at.

•••

Says a lot about the early days of the internet too. For better or worse, the adult industry were early adopters of the web

•••
Most shrewd investments seem stupid at the time of investment but becomes a wise investment as time adds value to original investment

As a tours and a properties website addresses were mentioned in the
op etc i bought

Code. tours

And

Liquidate . properties

For reg fee

Gtlds are the future tho which will prove to be the case and the best gtld bargains were purchased for reg fee due to many early .com investers refusing to accept the existance or relevance of gtlds in a then .com world although its now a gtld world and will continue to ne so

•••
•••
•••
Back