Domain Empire

legal Domain Front Running by Lumis.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I know Kosmos Holding well, their CEO worked at Endeavor in London at the same time as me. Smart group of people

Haven't read the thread in it's entirety, not a good look for lumis.

Wouldn't the ICA reprimand them for this type of malpractice?

•••
What are they asking for Kosmos?

This is like kannabis, worthless
I have no idea how much Kosmos is asking.

The valuation I was referring to was in regards to what Lumis said. $15k range is not going to get it done for a domain like this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Now I understand why do some Pros hides their domain assets.

Obviously brokering in this way is scam.

Last edited:
•••
You guys are reaching in an attempt to make a point. Brad, if you’re honest, nobody uses Kosmos.

Quoting the Bible as if it’s current for todays language? Oh lord

Alright, I am done with this conversation. It is beating a dead horse at this point.

I can post a list of thousands of domains containing this term, or the many companies using the term via opencorporates.com...but no one uses the term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
US-centric vs global? Imo, this is what the thread is now about. From domainers point of view (and, since English is not my native language), I'd say global is better. Kosmos is OK simply because it correct spelling in Greek and Russian at least. Or, last year I sold jewellery+keyword in .com. Typo of jewelry? No, it is British spelling.

•••
•••
Wasted money because Kosmos will forever be confused with the correct spelling.

I wouldn’t spend anything on Kanada, kape, kalm, or any other typo. It’s an uphill battle to compete with the correct spelling.

Brother you have no clue about how Branding works. There are more than hundred languages other than English where its perfect dictionary word. Please check some of European languages including Greek and Latin and you will find big and brighter world out there. There is a reason why this "typo" was registered in more than 100 extensions.

Please do not discount any domain's valuation by saying it's typo. This is typical domainer's mentality which is least concerned to entrepreneurs or branding persons but a very good tool for them to use it against domain investors. Bye the way, how many times you missed EPIK domain registrar address because it's not an EPIC (correct English word) but a typo?

•••
•••
Kosmos.com would sell for 15k on godaddy or namejet. It’s obviously 6 figure domain

•••
frontrunning.com is taken by NameFind /Godaddy lol

•••
•••
Dealing with a standup broker is really important in this ever changing world of domaining. It sure isn't like it used to be.

•••
•••
Lumis was trying to broker Kosmos(.)com without domain owner's knowledge and the owner got with UDRP. @jberryhill represented the owner and won. Owner still lost out on the legal fees.

Thanks to @GeorgeK for posting it on Twitter.

Lol funny. Had an experience with Lumis a while back. Nothing like this though.

But they do work every angle to make money. Either selling a domain they don’t own without permission or buying a domain on “behalf” of a “buyer” when it fact it’s them doing arbitrage.

I could see how someone with a grudge against another domainer could sabotage them even anonymously. I mean Lumis did not necessarily need to tell the buyer who they really are in this scenario. Pretty scary how something like this could be weaponized against an enemy.

•••
agree. Its just like dropshipping.

It is not the same thing.

Dropshipping basically involves fungible goods, not one of a kind assets that might or might not actually be for sale.

Many domain owners choose not to list their domains for sale for whatever reason.

Again, as soon as you go down this path you open up the floodgates.

Would it be acceptable for me to harvest a list of premium domains, then hire an army of low skilled labor to spam potential end users about a domain that might or might not be for sale? If not, why not?

It just seems like a shortcut to being a broker IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Has Lumis even offered to reimburse the domain registrant for the UDRP and legal fees they helped create?

•••
I have had two situations in the past where I purchased expired domains, then shortly after received threats related to a party front running the domain and entering into some agreement with the other party.

I was obviously not a party to the contract. This type of stuff can create a real mess.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
The thing I like best about these kind of threads...
You really get a look inside people and their basic integrity instinks... typo intentional.

Thanks everyone, it is appreciated.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
•••
Thanks Lumis, it’s worth less than $15k. Typo
I think their valuation is right on the money. I have a similar domain Kosmic, and it has received much higher offers.

Brad

•••
Was an interesting read until kinda went off topic. Hardest part of domaining is staying on topic.
If anyone has more info on these front runners please share.

•••
•••
Article or the case doesn't give info about the broker. I posted here because both UDRPs were created because of the broker.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back