IT.COM

legal Domain Front Running by Lumis.com

NameSilo
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The word is also frequently use in Greek. The spelling was also used in versions of the Bible.

Brad
You guys are reaching in an attempt to make a point. Brad, if you’re honest, nobody uses Kosmos.

Quoting the Bible as if it’s current for todays language? Oh lord

•••
Thanks Lumis, it’s worth less than $15k. Typo

•••
I think their valuation is right on the money. I have a similar domain Kosmic, and it has received much higher offers.

Brad
What are they asking for Kosmos?

This is like kannabis, worthless

•••
•••
Really? So I can take someone else's domain that is not listed for sale, then pitch it to a major company that owns a TM.

When shit hits the fan, the registrant can deal with the fallout. That is ridiculous.

Domains are not fungible goods. They are all one of a kind and come with potential legal issues.

This behavior is looking for low hanging fruit, and basically shifting the risk to the registrant. Risk they did not sign up for.

Brad
On the flip side, if I brought you a $xx,xxx offer for a .us you own, you’d surely take it.

So now the question is, how did you get the offer? Does it matter?

The argument about pitching TM is bs too. If you hire a broker, who do you think they’re going to contact first?!

•••
Yes, it does matter. If you hire a broken, you at least have to shoulder some risk.

This appears to be a situation where they are initiated contact without the permission of the owner to a third party. How is that the same?

If I found a party pitching my domains in a potentially damaging way I would consider taking legal action against them, including an absolute bare minimum of a C&D.

Brad
Why would you be against your domain being pitched?

I’d gladly have y’all pitch my domains. It’s free outbound.

•••
Well, they are my domains. I can decide what I want to do with them.

That is not for a third party to decide. It is not appropriate for an unauthorized third party to be offering domains for sale, domains that might not even be listed for sale, to another party.

If you want to pitch a domain, especially one that is not listed for sale, get the owner's permission first.

I am not really sure why I have to explain this. It can create a large number of issues.

Brad
The only issue created is when it doesn’t benefit you. Again, a 5-6 figure, unsolicited offer, you’d jump on.

•••
No, I don't want any party pitching my domains to a third party unless they are authorized to do so. Period.

I bet many others are in the same boat. If I wanted to pitch my domains to third parties, I am perfectly capable of doing do myself.

Brad
Really?

You’ve never had an offer from a Godaddy rep for a domain that wasn’t listed for sale?

I’ve had plenty.

Point is, your crazy to turn away people that want to sell your assets.

•••
Simple case here -

When things go south, it’s a big to do. When it benefits you, sweet deal!

•••
Anyone can try to sell anything. I have no problem here.

As a domain owner, I’d like all of Namepros to pitch my assets. The gray area is how you pitch the asset and to whom. Ultimately, it’s sell, sell, sell, with integrity and good intentions.

•••
Sure. A party that contacted GoDaddy regarding interest in my domain is not the same as GoDaddy or some other broker randomly pitching my unlisted domain to third parties without permission.

That is a BIG difference.

Brad
I hear you and just disagree. Please pitch my domains.

My question would be to Lumis, what commission were expecting if any?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back