Domain Empire

discuss Domain discussion more detailed than Reg of Day and Appraisals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I wanted to discuss some domains. I think Reg of the Day is good for what it is and appraisals are good for what they are! I wanted a space where we could really talk domains. I have selfish motives bc I do want to talk about my domains . . . :) But I want to discuss your domains as well. Feel free to jump in with any constructive feedback that you have.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What about a domain like AtlantaRoads.com

Think traffic and construction related. Ever driven on Atlanta Roads? If so YOU KNOW!!

•••
I own
Malaga-carhire.com
Exofunds.com
Logicized.com
Phoneservicebusiness.com
Nairaland.info
Toplawtutor.com
Shoesbio.com

•••
•••
I like AtlantaRoads. Who would you market it to?:xf.smile:

•••
Possibly the city of Atlanta. I am brainstorming various idea for the domain. I am thinking that a non profit that may specialize in Atlanta roads or Atlanta construction would be a prime candidate. I also can see a taxi company or a towing company being interested.

Any other ideas for end users?

•••
I've just picked up Frizet.com. A Frizet pack is a product manufactured by Gelert for campers. It's one of those water blocks that you freeze, and then you keep it in your coolbox. I suppose it could be used as a feeder site for a camping supplies shop, but I can't see much value in this. It is also the name of a hamlet in Belgium, and this seems to have more potential. I've never tried to sell a foreign geo-name, so I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

•••
I've just picked up Frizet.com. A Frizet pack is a product manufactured by Gelert for campers. It's one of those water blocks that you freeze, and then you keep it in your coolbox. I suppose it could be used as a feeder site for a camping supplies shop, but I can't see much value in this. It is also the name of a hamlet in Belgium, and this seems to have more potential. I've never tried to sell a foreign geo-name, so I'll be interested to see how this pans out.
My wife uses one of those blue icey things for her lunches every day!

You know me . . . You are taking a calculated gamble that may pay off nicely, and cover a whole bunch of renewals! Heck, if the French do something seen as bad to the US, maybe Frizets will replace French Fries!

As an aside, Google was born 9/4/98 . . . what would Google have appraised for on NP 19 years ago?

•••
My wife uses one of those blue icey things for her lunches every day!

I think she needs the domain name to go with it - ,com of course. :)

•••
I just got a common medical condition domain name:

Metatarsalgia.com
49,500 monthly searches. I think it could be an info site/affiliate. It's a lower foot condition so there are products like creams and insoles that are recommended for treatment. There are also special exercises as well.

What do you guys think about it's value? Taken in all relevant tlds and regged since 1998.

•••
To a foot doctor there could be a lot of value. To someone selling foot products possible more value! But medical terms aren't always super popular. I think low XXX is the ceiling.

•••
To a foot doctor there could be a lot of value. To someone selling foot products possible more value! But medical terms aren't always super popular. I think low XXX is the ceiling.
Interesting, there is an entire ecosystem if products just for this condition, like special shoes and insoles. Buydomains has the .net and is asking $1088, so I expect much more than low $xxx for it.

•••
So if they are asking 1088 at the moment that is the max they will get. Maybe it is strong and my lack of knowledge is blinding me. Maybe it sells for 5XX. Maybe it doesn't sell.

If you add 1g to ask price that puts you at 2k. If offered 5XX do you accept or counter? Perhaps settle at 7XX which then beats my low XXX

•••
So if they are asking 1088 at the moment that is the max they will get. Maybe it is strong and my lack of knowledge is blinding me. Maybe it sells for 5XX. Maybe it doesn't sell.

If you add 1g to ask price that puts you at 2k. If offered 5XX do you accept or counter? Perhaps settle at 7XX which then beats my low XXX

I wouldn't sell it for less than $10k..to an end user. .Net is like 1-10% of the value of a .com, so if they've BIN'd it at $1088 it makes no sense for me to sell it to an end user for less because the .net would be the much cheaper and less effective alternative to what is available in the aftermarket. The name gets good traffic and like I said, has a specific product niche associated with it so there is clear build out potential. To a lesser extent its like owning athletesfoot.com and selling anti-fungal foot cream on the domain. Google "Metatarsalgia shoes" or "Metatarsal insoles" to get a better idea. Orthopaedic/Orthotic shoes and insoles are a multibillion dollar industry.

Last edited:
•••
If you can link it to insurance claims, you could probably increase the value by a factor of 10. :)

•••
I wouldn't sell it for less than $10k..to an end user. .Net is like 1-10% of the value of a .com, so if they've BIN'd it at $1088 it makes no sense for me to sell it to an end user for less because the .net would be the much cheaper and less effective alternative to what is available in the aftermarket. The name gets good traffic and like I said, has a specific product niche associated with it so there is clear build out potential. To a lesser extent its like owning athletesfoot.com and selling anti-fungal foot cream on the domain. Google "Metatarsalgia shoes" or "Metatarsal insoles" to get a better idea. Orthopaedic/Orthotic shoes and insoles are a multibillion dollar industry.

What you are saying makes sense. Clearly my ignorance on the matter.

Which is why I think if a domain needs a little speaking up, the domainer needs to speak up. My guess is the foot doctors among us know your domain is solid. Me not so much. I wouldn't pay 500 for it. Just goes to show that to get domains to the end user is the ultimate goal.

•••

Which is why I think if a domain needs a little speaking up, the domainer needs to speak up. My guess is the foot doctors among us know your domain is solid. Me not so much. I wouldn't pay 500 for it. Just goes to show that to get domains to the end user is the ultimate goal.

If you don't research extensively, you will miss out on great opportunities in the aftermarket. There is money to be made in the most unlikely of places.

•••

You're not supposed to pay end user prices for it..... you're a domainer so you should be trying to steal it and sell at a profit. :xf.wink:

It's our job to talk it down and snatch it up when it drops :xf.grin:

•••
•••
hey hi hello guys i like the discussion i just consume a lot of knowledge
from the topics you guys are talking about am a bit new to this field buying and selling domain name i have a few of my own dealsjunky insurancehelpper baywatchbets just need you guys feed back to let me know if i have a gem in any of the three names above they are all .com

•••
I posted this in the reg of the day but maybe it would be better here.

I just got CoffeeDeals (net)

Thoughts?

•••
•••
I posted this in the reg of the day but maybe it would be better here.

I just got CoffeeDeals (net)

Thoughts?
I like the name. I posted some dot net coffee sales!

•••
Had a cryptocurrency assault, why not at a couple of pence a domain?

BitcoinImport.com
DashWallet.net
NEMWallet.org and .net
XEMWallet.org and .net
NxtWallet.org
WebCurrency.co
OnlineCurrency.co
BTCWallet.pro
CryptoCurrencyWallet.xyz
MoneroWallet.xyz
XMRWallet .co .org and .xyz
XRPWallet .co and .xyz
ZECWallet.co

•••
Had a cryptocurrency assault, why not at a couple of pence a domain?

BitcoinImport.com
DashWallet.net
NEMWallet.org and .net
XEMWallet.org and .net
NxtWallet.org
WebCurrency.co
OnlineCurrency.co
BTCWallet.pro
CryptoCurrencyWallet.xyz
MoneroWallet.xyz
XMRWallet .co .org and .xyz
XRPWallet .co and .xyz
ZECWallet.co
Where were you reg'ing at a few pence per domain - if you don't mind my asking?

•••
Where were you reg'ing at a few pence per domain - if you don't mind my asking?
Bit of an exaggeration the .co and .xyz were only around a pound on GoDaddy.

The org and .com were more but the .org was a good deal if you regged for two years (only like £1.50 for the second)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back