IT.COM

Domain course. Yay or nay?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you take this course?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The Group

VIP Member
Impact
Alright folks, we are planning on developing a course to teach you the a-z's of becoming a profitable Super Seller utilizing the Flippa platform! It will cover everything from the basics like what a domain name is, how to valuate them, where to find deals and so on. All the way up to negotiations, transferring, building the right listing and proper outbound techniques. It will cover everything. All of my techniques, strategies, experience, tips & tricks, the tools I use and so on.

Please take the time to answer the poll question - along with leaving feedback in the thread about the types of things you'd like to see in the course! Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you so much for doing this service to the community, appreciate it and hopefully we will see the course soon :)

•••
Thank you so much for doing this service to the community, appreciate it and hopefully we will see the course soon :)

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words my friend!

•••
Thankyou @Ali Zandi yet again for coming up with this highly intuitive proposition.
To cater large audience if you keep it free at least to some levels it would be highly appreciable.
Secondly if you guys find it financially feasible by acquiring sponsorship & ads on the tutorial pages from industry giants, domain registrars & so on, you may would be able to keep the higher levels also free.
However you can manage the attendees by allowing them to signup first to your course & then take classes, & every person may would go in your prescribed order level by level. And every level may have a compulsory mcq test that would allow the user to enter next level on qualifying the preceding levels mcq test.

This was a feedback/proposal, with an idea to keep it professional, planned & dignified.
Thanks & Best Regards
Daneyal

•••
You know what would be more interesting? A course with an accreditation of some sort at the end, and refresher courses to maintain accredidation.

There needs to be a 'Federation of domain resellers' or something similar, with a paid membership and certain ethics and standards to adhere to. With a badge that accredited members can display on their web properties & social profiles.

And a complaint/dispute procedure.

And I'm talking about a body or union which doesn't just sell vanity memberships where the richest buy platinum and the poorest buy silver, those things suck.

Yes, you'd be shooting very high to aspire to a creation of something like this and would need a few big names backing it, but that would excite me far more than a course.

ps. I would possibly do a 'course' if the content/syllabus summary excited me and the price point was reasonable.

Last edited:
•••
Thankyou @Ali Zandi yet again for coming up with this highly intuitive proposition.
To cater large audience if you keep it free at least to some levels it would be highly appreciable.
Secondly if you guys find it financially feasible by acquiring sponsorship & ads on the tutorial pages from industry giants, domain registrars & so on, you may would be able to keep the higher levels also free.
However you can manage the attendees by allowing them to signup first to your course & then take classes, & every person may would go in your prescribed order level by level. And every level may have a compulsory mcq test that would allow the user to enter next level on qualifying the preceding levels mcq test.

This was a feedback/proposal, with an idea to keep it professional, planned & dignified.
Thanks & Best Regards
Daneyal

Fantastic feedback! Thank you! This course is for you! So any and all feedback is considered highly valuable!

•••
You know what would be more interesting? A course with an accreditation of some sort at the end, and refresher courses to maintain accredidation.

There needs to be a 'Federation of domain resellers' or something similar, with a paid membership and certain ethics and standards to adhere to. With a badge that accredited members can display on their web properties.

And I'm talking about a body or union which doesn't just sell vanity memberships where the richest buy platinum and the poorest buy silver, those things suck.

Yes, you'd be shooting very high to aspire to a creation of something like this and would need a few big names backing it, but that would excite me far more than a course.

ps. I would possibly do a 'course' if the content summary excited me and the price point was reasonable.

You know what's wild about that? A couple of my acquaintances and I have highly considered that option in the past! I think the accreditation as well as association of sorts is a brilliant idea and highly being looked into.

•••

There needs to be a 'Federation of domain resellers' or something similar, with a paid membership and certain ethics and standards to adhere to. With a badge that accredited members can display on their web properties.

All I have to say is look into the history of AACSB, ACBSP and IACBE for MBA programs.

Greed will drive who has the better seal in this industry.

•••
Hello, I'd take the course for sure, assuming I can afford it of course :)

•••
All I have to say is look into the history of AACSB, ACBSP and IACBE for MBA programs.

Greed will drive who has the better seal in this industry.

Valid point. It's sad to see that greed rules the "Seal". Kind of ironic, no? I think as an industry, we could make something happen, not based on greed. It's a long shot - but a possibly.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks Ali zandi.. I suggest make an ebook & membership club. I would pay for it!

•••
=

Valid point. It's sad to see that greed rules the "Seal". Kind of ironic, no? I think as an industry, we could make something happen, not based on greed. It's a long shot - but a possibly.
In my opinion, an accredited body would be greed driven.

If you look at the history of the seals, they were branched off because there were internal arguments on what to place emphasis on. Say you create one focused on auction flipping, someone will come around with a focus on negotiation tactics, and then it will be a snowball effect.

Much like there is one "NPO" accrediting agency for registrars, that's how it will have to be.

Otherwise, all of them will eventually become an ITT Tech degree and have 0 meaning to anyone who isn't an alumni of those courses.

Learn what you want from who, but greed to get the best seal is what it will come down to. Unless there is an education standard for certification, accredited by a body, seeing if the material is accurate and done right.

However, those people could be bias as well.

I just never see it happening in an industry, unless that industry is of course higher education.

•••
In my opinion, an accredited body would be greed driven.

If you look at the history of the seals, they were branched off because there were internal arguments on what to place emphasis on. Say you create one focused on auction flipping, someone will come around with a focus on negotiation tactics, and then it will be a snowball effect.

Much like there is one "NPO" accrediting agency for registrars, that's how it will have to be.

Otherwise, all of them will eventually become an ITT Tech degree and have 0 meaning to anyone who isn't an alumni of those courses.

Learn what you want from who, but greed to get the best seal is what it will come down to. Unless there is an education standard for certification, accredited by a body, seeing if the material is accurate and done right.

However, those people could be bias as well.

I just never see it happening in an industry, unless that industry is of course higher education.

You are so right. Soon as one Seal comes out, another 10 will attempt to follow suit. Bunch of snowballs rolling down Greed Hill, meh. :-/

•••
Definitely would take the course - this is just what I've been looking for! Thanks in advance.

•••
•••
Why a course?
Tons of info out there if one would use google.

•••
There are lots pieces to every puzzle. Google has peices, bing has peices, yahoo, this forum, that forum, etc. But if someone can attempt to help you put those peices together strategically, youll have a better chance at putting together a beautiful picture. Less of wandering around aimlessly. And with that, there will be more money made than lost.

•••
Why a course?

So should I drop out of college because I can learn the same things at the library?

•••
•••
Why a course?

Because it would put all that information + much more all in one place. Especially for those who are brand new to the industry and have no idea what to even search for on Google.

So should I drop out of college because I can learn the same things at the library?

Please don't drop out of college ;)

There are lots pieces to every puzzle. Google has peices, bing has peices, yahoo, this forum, that forum, etc. But if someone can attempt to help you put those peices together strategically, youll have a better chance at putting together a beautiful picture. Less of wandering around aimlessly. And with that, there will be more money made than lost.

Exactly :)

•••
Why a course?

Just gotta say iowadog, imo, the majority of your posts seem to be little more than hipshot criticism. Don't you remember being green to domaining? Couldn't you have used some assistance from a seasoned pro- you yourself constantly post about how many hand regs are a waste of money... are you saying a newbie could easily google this in one sitting:

"It will cover everything from the basics like what a domain name is, how to valuate them, where to find deals and so on. All the way up to negotiations, transferring, building the right listing and proper outbound techniques. It will cover everything. All of my techniques, strategies, experience, tips & tricks, the tools I use and so on."

•••
@Ali Zandi.... Have you considered the format(s) of the coaching style? What I mean is will there be videos, webinars, things we can download and study? What are the logistics of the style of directing of the participants?

•••
@Ali Zandi.... Have you considered the format(s) of the coaching style? What I mean is will there be videos, webinars, things we can download and study? What are the logistics of the style of directing of the participants?

Fantastic question - the course is yet to be developed. That is why I started this poll - we want to know exactly what the community is seeking.

Describe to me your perfect course! If it includes all those things, then great - details are appreciated as we want to incorporate a style that everyone can not only enjoy, but learn from and apply to every day investing.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back