Dynadot

Domain.com blocked my account because I am Arabic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ahmedalimody

A.A.MEstablished Member
Impact
Hi everybody,

I woke up this morning with an email from [email protected] with "OFAC Violation - Account suspended" as a subject.

The email informs me that my Domain.com account is suspended and will be terminated within next 48 hours If I didn't send them my passport copy.

They claimed "We are contacting you because as a United States based company, United States law and regulation prohibits us from doing business with anyone from Syria, Cuba, North Korea, or Iran or with individuals who are listed on the Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN List) as per Federal regulation."

I have been with them for 2 years and fortunately, I just have 1 useless domain with them at the moment.
So I can't find any proper reason to do such action except that I am an Arabic person. I am not using any proxy to visit their website, so my IP shows Egypt and my contact data is Egypt.

I hardly refuse to send them my documents because of this kind of email, which they can ask for it politely.

Any comments?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are unfortunately cant do anything but to obey the law which imposed by their idiot gov. so you can submit your documents or just move on.

•••
Yes, sorry to hear this happening to you, but it has nothing to do with you being Arabic. It is not Domain.com's fault. As Furquah said, they have to follow the law.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back