Dynadot

question Domain appraisal service?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Can anyone recommend a great (paid) domain appraisal service? I'm looking for professional and experienced guys that will do the job "manually", of course.

It's meant for a .com taken in +50 extensions.

Thank you very much, in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is the one that SEDO offers good?

•••
Good for what purpose exactly ? The IRS ? Personal ego ? Potential buyer ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
It is a friend who just got an $xx,xxx offer for a good .com name.

He asked me about the value and I provided my thoughts. He also asked if there are a good (non-automatic) appraisal service out there. As I have never used one (included SEDO), I decided to ask here.

•••
I think if he wants to use the appraisal as a bargaining tool then it might be a good idea to use someone like Sedo, not because their appraisals might be good or anything but because at least your friend won't have to battle to prove to the potential buyer that Sedo is a leading domain marketplace..just a quick Google search and the buyer would be to see for himself that Sedo is big name in domaining, which might give the appraisal a bit more credibility in my opinion... as for how good/accurate their appraisals actually are, I can't vouch for that cos I have also never used it. :)

•••
I think if he wants to use the appraisal as a bargaining tool then it might be a good idea to use someone like Sedo, not because their appraisals might be good or anything but because at least your friend won't have to battle to prove to the potential buyer that Sedo is a leading domain marketplace..just a quick Google search and the buyer would be to see for himself that Sedo is big name in domaining, which might give the appraisal a bit more credibility in my opinion... as for how good/accurate their appraisals actually are, I can't vouch for that cos I have also never used it. :)

Thanks! Pretty much how I see it.

•••
Tell him to post his name in appraisal section, there are lots of "Guru" and they will appraise his name for free (but if he insisted for pay, let just give him my PayPal ID)

•••
Great analysis. You always rock!

•••
•••
•••
Did the potential buyer ask for the appraisal?

No, he didn't. My friend asked for one for his domain. Seems like he will use SEDO (or no one at all).

Personally, I think the best "tool" is to spend an hour reading previous sales of similar names. Just using DN Journal etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back