IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I see many nonsense posts like $0, not developed, not .com, etc. people saying these things are either dumb or just compiling number of posts.

Why ask for a developed domain when it is a domain appraisal folder. If is it developed, it is not just a domain anymore, right?

With the above argument, even if you post a newly-registered car.com, a dumb appraiser will still tell you it's $0 because it is not developed.

Majority of comments on appraisal folder are useless and I think the admin should check and consider having some specific rules in there.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, you ask for an appraisal, you get an appraisal.
There is only one side, asking for an appraisal.

Seriously?
Someone asks for an appraisal because he thinks there might be someone here who have some experience and could give a good opinion (the other side you don't consider).
That's the whole point! The other side you don't consider makes users asking for appraisals here and not in a gaming forum site lol.
That's why I would ask for an appraisal, because I know some users here (I'm sorry, you are not not one of them) who could give some good opinions.

Last edited:
•••
who have some experience and could give a good opinion

Could you clarify your understanding of "good opinion" what appraisals should be as:

a) making you feel good, leading you to list your domains for sale at higher price, and investing in more domains of similar kind OR

b) honest/unbiased/thorough, but potentially upsetting?

•••
Could you clarify your understanding of "good opinion" what appraisals should be as:

a) making you feel good, leading you to list your domains for sale at higher price, and investing in more domains of similar kind OR

b) honest/unbiased/thorough, but potentially upsetting?

So there is only black and white?

By good opinion I mean, make a research before appraising, giving arguments why you think that's the value and a possible development(not necessary).
In any case by good opinion I would not consider this post http://www.namepros.com/4366722-post69.html

•••
I guess this is the research quality we should all strive for.

You are right, if someone wants to give an appraisal, should find the time to make a quick research. No one is forced to appraise a domain.
Giving bad appraisals will influence the sale.
I like the idea how you developed the domain. Pregnancy period is stressful. Future mothers always search for information. Your blog can become a good one if it is managed properly.
I'd say low $xx for your domain.

I especially liked "can become a good one if it is managed properly". Very insightful for a domain appraisal. Not the keyword quality, but stressful mothers looking for fun will make it value higher.

Last edited:
•••
So there is only black and white?

By good opinion I mean, make a research before appraising, giving arguments why you think that's the value and a possible development(not necessary).
In any case by good opinion I would not consider this post http://www.namepros.com/4366722-post69.html

Erandi,

It's worth remembering that people don't always have the time to give a step-by-step breakdown of how they worked out an appraisal.

If you've been in the market long enough, then you tend to have a feel for what a domain is likely to be worth without spending a lengthy period of time researching it.

Of course, people aren't always right and there's always the possibility of an end user that will pay over the odds - but you can't provision for that unless there's a strong likelihood it will happen - or we would all be throwing money at domains willy-nilly.

:wave:

•••
I guess this is the research quality we should all strive for.

I especially liked "can become a good one if it is managed properly". Very insightful for a domain appraisal. Not the keyword quality, but stressful mothers looking for fun will make it value higher.

You should see outside the box. "Fun" in that domain doesn't strictly mean to play around, I see it as an encouragement. IMO that's a unique name.

Compared to your appraisal, mine is better B-), at last I can prune you are wrong, just by offering $10 for that domain :blink:

Erandi,

It's worth remembering that people don't always have the time to give a step-by-step breakdown of how they worked out an appraisal.

If you've been in the market long enough, then you tend to have a feel for what a domain is likely to be worth without spending a lengthy period of time researching it.

Of course, people aren't always right and there's always the possibility of an end user that will pay over the odds - but you can't provision for that unless there's a strong likelihood it will happen - or we would all be throwing money at domains willy-nilly.

That is correct. Experienced domainers don't need to do that for every domain. I've seen very good appraisals, where you can't change even a word. But I am sure most of the others don't even check if the domain is at last registered. :p
I am not considering end users appraisals, that almost unpredictable, I only consider reseller pricing.

Last edited:
•••
Just for the fun of it, because I don't and most domainers don't, try running some of those domains wanting an appraisal through valuators like estibot.

Again, though I don't really trust them, when estibot and a couple of others give $0 for a domain, I am fairly certain that if I say $0, zip, nada, that I am more right than wrong.

Now there are some who give appraisals who are good, and some who are not.
But I am not going to say who in either case.

The fact that someone says I am not, that is his opinion and does not bother me.

Yes, I get a kick out of domains for sale, both on this forum, on ebay and other forums.
Some people just have an inflated ego or something to put some dip domain on sale for thousands, or even millions.

But one can not tell them that here on np.

•••
Now there are some who give appraisals who are good, and some who are not.
But I am not going to say who in either case.

Microguy, Brad and Sdsinc are three of the greatest appraisers ever... even if one of them gets it wrong every time the domain has a value of more than -$35.

Compared to your appraisal, mine is better B-), at last I can prune you are wrong, just by offering $10 for that domain :blink:
It's gonna be expensive if this is how you are going to prune things.

Not the keyword quality, but stressful mothers looking for fun will make it value higher.

Most people become mothers after pregnancy - so PostPartumFun.com might be better. It's available!

•••
•••
•••
What's the point of this post? You think your appraisal made sense?

Or pointing out that you didn't actually include a number at all?

Do you really need answers? :laugh::lol:B-)
That's obvious.

•••
When posting ones opinions of someone else's domains
a "this is why I think your domain is crap" comment
should be a mandatory requirement.

How the level of monetary value was reached - again - because everyone
has a different opinion of likes/dislikes - the appraisaers should be held
accountable for their opinions, or don't make any.

Explain why they came up with the amount/value/de-value - instead of a post padding competion of the most $0 responses.

•••
Do you really need answers? :laugh::lol:B-)
That's obvious.

If you want me know what the heck you're talking about, yes. If you want me to continue to have no idea what you're talking about, then no.

I'm comfortable either way.

•••
Not the keyword quality, but stressful mothers looking for fun will make it value higher.

Most people become mothers after pregnancy - so PostPartumFun.com might be better. It's available!

and all that misunderstanding is only due to the lack of :sarcasm: smiley at NP. Unless you were serious about that.

•••
and all that misunderstanding is only due to the lack of :sarcasm: smiley at NP. Unless you were serious about that.

I'm always serious. I check my fun in at the door that sits between the "break room" and "where real business gets done".

Not really :)

•••
If you want me know what the heck you're talking about, yes. If you want me to continue to have no idea what you're talking about, then no.

I'm comfortable either way.

Well, read all those appraisals. All those comments and replies, arguing about something that was not what you all thought about.
You all got "caught" in wrong. :p
YES of course I was right. And NO numbers were needed (just read the post after mine).

Since the time was a factor so often mentioned, I'll say it too, I'm leaving this thread due to limited time. Ah, and "please don't take it personally" :laugh:

•••
When posting ones opinions of someone else's domains
a "this is why I think your domain is crap" comment
should be a mandatory requirement.

I totally agree, and most if not all of appraisers do, but it does not have to be long like "trademark, $0" is just enough instead of lengthly explanation why one not suppose to register trademarks (even if there are so many searches) as a bunch of lawyers can be bad for one's ass. Same about meaningless keywords, crappy extensions, and all things that repeat themselves over and over in new "gems" being submitted for appraisal.

Last edited:
•••
Someone thinks he is right and all the other appraisers are wrong.

Bit of hubris there.

Why I do not get excited if someone appraises a domain more than I did, or less than I did.

But obviously you do.
Constantly.

•••
Well, read all those appraisals. All those comments and replies, arguing about something that was not what you all thought about.
You all got "caught" in wrong. :p
YES of course I was right. And NO numbers were needed (just read the post after mine).

Since the time was a factor so often mentioned, I'll say it too, I'm leaving this thread due to limited time. Ah, and "please don't take it personally" :laugh:

unfortunately, you are continuously and persistently making no sense!

Ps: I am getting feeling that some people get only 20% of the conversation that is going on here or anywhere else in this forum and there is no way to communicate the rest 80% of it to them, no matter how you try, thus all the trouble and pointless fights

Last edited:
•••
unfortunately, you are continuously and persistently making no sense!
Than, I am sorry for you.

Someone thinks he is right and all the other appraisers are wrong.

Bit of hubris there.

Why I do not get excited if someone appraises a domain more than I did, or less than I did.

But obviously you do.
Constantly.

Seriously dude, I'd be ashamed at your age talking like this.
Quote my post directly.
I am not getting excited, I am laughing. It is so pathetic how you act.

•••
Two things I will say right now....

First....erandi, you are out of line here!

Second....erandi, I will have nothing more to do with you.

•••
Two things I will say right now....

First....erandi, you are out of line here!

Second....erandi, I will have nothing more to do with you.

Same here.

•••
Lets try and keep the thread more about suggestions to better the appraisal forum please.

Thanks,

Eric Lyon

•••
Perhaps a solution to the "problem" of $0 appraisals, would be to create a separate section for newly reg'd names, i.e., reg'd less than 12 months ago-that way, if the member sees a $0, he/she shouldn't be surprised. The likelihood of it being crap is quite high in this case, unless the name was dropped and reg'd-but that could also still be crap.

Many members here complain and cry when their hand-reg name of 1 hour ago get's appraised at $0. That attitude I really dislike, and that's why I'm not very keen on the appraisal section anymore. Why give my time when all you get is whining. They wanna hear, "wow, that name is certainly worth $xxx,xxx to the end-user, and you should have no problem selling it for $xx,xxx to a reseller".
Let's get real, shall we?

I've stopped appraising names because there are plenty of members who ask for appraisals and when you take your time to respond, the member disagrees and throws his/her toys around.

If my time is not appreciated there, I just stay away. And that's what I've been doing recently (there are a few exceptions though).

•••
The problem of the crappy posts is not an appraisal problem

Brand Building

An unoriginal post with no attributions followed by what can best be described as mostly nonsense.

At least "this crap domain is worth $0"

3D is the worst appraiser of names. He thinks SoFlo.net is worth more than I would offer for it... jerk. :lol: (it's worth more than I would offer)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back