Dynadot

Domain Aftermarket Heats Up With 70 Sales Ranging From 10K to 120K Over Past 2 Weeks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The latest domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. This expanded edition covers the past two weeks of sales reported across the industry and it was a very solid fortnight for the aftermarket with 70 sales reaching at least five figures and one topping the six-figure mark. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2012/20120912.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed that auction sales results from Snapnames were included with auction results from entities with no blemished (thus far) record. In fact, Snapnames admitted to massive auction shill-bidding in auctions dating back to 2005! DnJournal.com (and Ron Jackson, I believe) seem to not care one iota about that FACT! Readers of DnJournal.com be advised, the auction results from the largest domain auction fraudster in domain auction history are included at DNJournal.com with no mention of the massive fraud with the current auction results.

Perhaps that's why there are no replies to this thread, except mine.

To me, it looks as though DnJournal.com is no longer relevant. Based on the the lack of replies to this thread, that opinion is bolstered.

•••
"no mention of the massive fraud with the current auction results"

Which fraud, can you list it, be specific or did you just libel somebody?

And for those new to domaining, understand the prior poster still participates in domain auctions.

•••
"no mention of the massive fraud with the current auction results"

Which fraud, can you list it, be specific or did you just libel somebody?

I believe it's just poor grammar/sentence structure which results in mixed meanings (much like what you'd find in the political thread).

I believe that the intention is to say that there is no mention of the history of fraudulent activity on the "top sales" page. Snapnames is simply listed as if it is a reputable source.

I think the fact that DNJournal went a week without any numbers published indicates how relevant it currently is.

•••
"I believe it's just poor grammar/sentence structure which results in mixed meanings (much like what you'd find in the political thread)."

Ah yeah, he should have had a comma in there.

"I think the fact that DNJournal went a week without any numbers published indicates how relevant it currently is."

Or that he was at his daughter's wedding. I still check it out, not aware of another place that puts up the weekly sales like that.

•••
Or that he was at his daughter's wedding. I still check it out, not aware of another place that puts up the weekly sales like that.

I guess if you find that information important.

You can get it from the annoying scrollbar at NP now :)

Views of weekly charts? Huge.
Views of cover story? Pitiful.

The counters may be lying though - they seem odd.

Most auction houses release their sales information and Private sales are private (I wouldn't trust any validation of them at all).

•••
"I guess if you find that information important."

Yes, I think the market is important. It's just a quick and easy overview of the week.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I guess that would be relevant if it was 2009. But it's 2012 and this is a weekly sales thread. And you still participate in auctions.

•••
I guess that would be relevant if it was 2009. But it's 2012 and this is a weekly sales thread. And you still participate in auctions.

Wrong, just plain wrong, on both counts. You know nothing, but pretend you do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back