Dynadot

question Domain 60-days waiting before changing registrars ..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoneDeranger

Established Member
Impact
Hi everybody, recently won an auction on namejet. I had to open an account at register.com, in order to acquire the domain. Problem is my main registrar is godaddy. two questions :

A. Does that mean I need to wait 60-days before putting the domain to an auction? If someone will pay for it, I wouldn't be able to transfer him the domain ?

B. Does it even matter if some of my domains are at one or multiple regisrars? Do you have 2 or more domain regisrars you work with ? what are the cons and pros ?

Thank you all !!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can always push the domain to its new owner. The 60-day hold for transfers does not affect push within the same registrar. I have sold many names before the 60-day period and all I had to do was tell the buyer that he had to open an account at that particular registrar. In many cases, the buyer already had an account with that registrar.

Not even once have I had a buyer refusing to buy the domain because I could not do a transfer. So, in my opinion, the 60-day restriction is a little inconvenient, but not really a big deal. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
Hi everybody, recently won an auction on namejet. I had to open an account at register.com, in order to acquire the domain. Problem is my main registrar is godaddy. two questions :

A. Does that mean I need to wait 60-days before putting the domain to an auction? If someone will pay for it, I wouldn't be able to transfer him the domain ?

B. Does it even matter if some of my domains are at one or multiple regisrars? Do you have 2 or more domain regisrars you work with ? what are the cons and pros ?

Thank you all !!

Was this a drop catch or a pre-release domain? If the latter then the 60 day rule wouldn't apply.

•••
It really depends on the registrar.
Enom for example, puts names won at NJ on a 45 day " auction lock " which means you can change NS but you can't do anything else with them. You can't even push them to another account within Enom itself. I don't know if they have changed their policy now but this is how it was not long ago.

To question B : I am almost 100% sure that each one of us works with more than one registrar. The main thing is to always try to satisfy your buyers' requests I think.

•••
Hi everyone, thank you for your comments. My personal questions were answered. this domain was dropped if I remember correctly..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back