IT.COM

Does Sedo traffic mean anything nowadays?

NameSilo
Watch

Rhinnnn

Established Member
Impact
I've recently listed some of my domains on sedo. Two of them, containing the same popular keyword, receive higher traffic compared to pretty much all other similar domains listed in the same period, or even earlier. In fact, most domains with this keyword have no traffic at all.

I know that last year sedo had a problem with inaccurate traffic due to bots, as mentioned in some threads here at NamePros.

But have things changed since last year?

Should I view sedo's traffic report as a sign that my domains may be more valuable than others with little to no traffic?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Should I view sedo's traffic report as a sign that my domains may be more valuable than others with little to no traffic?

Hi

that's a broad assumption to make, about sedo or any other ppc platform... when it comes to value of a domain with or without traffic.

the value in traffic from a domain, is whether or not it converts to clicks,

also some domains without traffic, can have value as well.

so it depends on actual domain name.

still, since sedo has a marketplace, then you might experience more views that if parked elsewhere without one.

imo....

•••

Thanks for the input! I still think my domains have a slightly better chance to sell - compared to those at sedo that receive no traffic.

•••
Hi Rhinnnn

Thanks for your comment.

There is no issue with inaccurate traffic stats for Sedo parked pages with ads. You may be referring to stats in relation to the Sedos Sales lander that we implemented last year which has been implemented as essentially a parking template. The sales lander takes all traffic that your domain receives (including bots) into account. Our Sales Lander may receive an increase in views compared to our traditional domain parking service due to this. Sedo and our advertising partners have strict criteria monetizing in parking only organic traffic. So the stats held on your parked domains with ads will be accurate.

All the best
Chris

•••
@Sedo
Your parking stats always was and is inaccurate as well... tons of bots are counted on your PPC landers...
I get x or even xx times less traffic by parking the same domains at ParkingCrew or Bodis...

•••
What about traffic generated with domains parked and listed for sale at sedo.com without ads on it?

•••
•••
What about traffic generated with domains parked and listed for sale at sedo.com without ads on it?
Hi
your question was answered below:

The sales lander takes all traffic that your domain receives (including bots) into account. Our Sales Lander may receive an increase in views compared to our traditional domain parking service due to this. Sedo and our advertising partners have strict criteria monetizing in parking only organic traffic. So the stats held on your parked domains with ads will be accurate.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back