Dynadot

question Does parked domains receive traffic from search engines?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dmytros

genericdomainz.comRestricted (Market)
Impact
Sorry for multiple questions, but I've searched all Google results, some topics here, but it was never discussed.

It may seems obvious, but... Sedo parking provides searched engine optimisation for their parked domains, so they appear in google results, at least.

There was a situation with Sedo, when my domain, that previously had zero visits, received about 30 in half a day. That seemed strange.

- Which parking services provide search engine feature?
- How long it takes to set-up\see effect?
- Does traffic depends on keywords? On backlinks?
- Do you know some parking services providing some "standart website" with content on domain?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parked domains shouldn't get almost any traffic from search engines for the very simple reason that they do not appear in results for keywords (only if you search the exact domain name).
It could be a nice feature for parking companies to allow to add some content so more visitors can come from search engines, but maybe it's against Google's rules.

•••
T-B, Thanks for a nice reply. If running such feature in right way, i think Google shouldn't have anything against it, for example making 10-20 standart website desings, with possibility of posting articles like a very simple blog, and for sure, content must be unique.
Just make it automated, not like another website constructor with paid hosting.

About search results... If the keyword of domain is not too popular, looking 30-50 pages of search, will result in finding parked page. But I've seen it only on Sedo. And seen it in news, like super new feature.

Another parking companies?

Last edited:
•••
I have a 2 word Type in .com domain with 140.000 exact searches per month and it receives 150 - 250 visitors per day and its indexed with Keyword1keyword2.com search query. I even see on alexa that mainly search traffic comes from Keyword1keyword2.com search. Didnt check the ranking for keywords itself, but ve seen plenty of parked domains ranking on 3rd - 5 page on Google. So yes, you could rank for some keywords, not among the top results, but if your traffic is of good quality and converts well, you could get some minor rankings.

•••
@decades80 where is it parked out of curiosity?

I used to have quite a few of mine turn up, even on the first page of Google, with kw+kw search query on the old DomainNameSales landers. When they changed to the pretty blue Uniregistry clouds the metatext also changed and they all dropped off.

Occasionally I'll see one that is parked with ParkingCrew appear (but it always highlights 'this domain may be for sale' rather than anything that might entice a click through).

Thanks

•••
•••
Cheers, you still seeing good results there?

•••
No, they tend to not receive traffic from search engines, that's why i think a landing page with some basic content and maybe two ADsense blocks are waaaaaaaaay better than the domain parking.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back