NameSilo

Does NamePros have an official "Black List?"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddfenton

Established Member
Impact
Or an unofficial one?
I assume I'm not the first to ask or suggest so but I haven't found one in search.
Would it be too difficult to monitor even with a disclaimer that reported information is from members and hasn't been vetted, proven and doesn't necessarily represent the viewpoint of management?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
too much candidates will be for this honored list :)

•••
Or an unofficial one?
I assume I'm not the first to ask or suggest so but I haven't found one in search.
Would it be too difficult to monitor even with a disclaimer that reported information is from members and hasn't been vetted, proven and doesn't necessarily represent the viewpoint of management?

It's kind of how forums go. There is no way to vet it all, you have to do that on your own. After awhile you can figure out what people are posting nonsense in your own view. Plus they put up this disclaimer at the top of each page:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

•••
However there is a feedback system. But yeah something about people that bid on auctions and don't pay would help.

•••
Each member probably sort keeps their own. :)

I have at times asked the opinion of trusted members before I've sent money to newer members I haven't dealt with.

Last edited:
•••
i'm assuming, that a black list, is a list of members with positive trader ratings.

imo....

•••
i'm assuming, that a black list, is a list of members with positive trader ratings.

imo....

pitch black list, just to be clear because not all lists are equal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back