NameSilo

Does anyone run a seasonal website or once a year website? Please share your experiences

Labeled as guide in Business and Marketing, started by hopkism, Mar 29, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. hopkism

hopkism Established Member

I'm looking for some feedback from some of you who might run a website or online business that really only matters once a year or a very short period of time. I am thinking about Halloween or The Super Bowl. These are isolated events in which the income generated and fanfare associated with them would be a couple of weeks leading up to the event, and then perhaps a sharp drop the following weeks, followed by largely little activity in the offseason.

Has anyone had a measure of real success to share? I don't mean a niche site amongst many others that pulls in a meager amount of a few hundred dollars that cumulatively makes it worth it. I am talking about a full-fledged and intentional business, not one that involves creating content and then later forcing a monetization strategy.

Would anyone care to share their successes and failures in this avenue?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy CEO, SUWP VIP

I own a christmas website though I change the domain this year around jan. Made about $20 owning it last Nov(end)-Dec 2016(old domain) The previous owner made estimate $100. I am looking forward to this Dec! Also added a lot more!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice