NameSilo

.info Do you own a really good .INFO site? Chance to win $7500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for posting this! Unfortunately I lose. :)

•••
Cool, nice to see .info being actively promoted.

btw. I didn't see any past winners on their site, have they done this before? Any idea what kind of site wins?

•••
•••
submitted upload.info :) never know hehe

•••
•••
Anyone else a bit curious as to why these are all German (7) and UK (2) sites, with a parked domain (1) in there to boot? At least one of them was also in last year's picks, and from the one whois I did there's a contest rule violation on the part about having correct information. I hate to pick on them because they could have just as easily not have had any award at all, but if they're going to make a large number of people go through that submittal process one might hope for certain standards. But c'est la vie.

•••
I would guess there were far more German sites submitted as I believe this is the first year non German sites have been able to enter. Once people see others winning news travels fast and as it costs nothing hence a lot of German submissions.

•••
Submitted www Geography.info but obviously not in the running :wave:

•••
Submitted www Geography.info but obviously not in the running :wave:
Great domain and design! I'm afraid I'm going to make myself look critical again because I want to point out a couple issues with the site, hopefully something you would want to know about and address if needed. 1) Clicking the menu buttons make nothing happen; 2) Some of the CSS is odd (paddings/margins on a very unusual setting, content of "latest forum posts" extruding from the background plate graphic making some of it hard to read); 3) Clicking on a forum topic link returns no data (blank page); 4) A matter of opinion only, but the AdSense unit could use some integration with the color scheme.

I am using Opera 10.01. Flash should be the latest version as well.

•••
Great domain and design! I'm afraid I'm going to make myself look critical again because I want to point out a couple issues with the site, hopefully something you would want to know about and address if needed. 1) Clicking the menu buttons make nothing happen; 2) Some of the CSS is odd (paddings/margins on a very unusual setting, content of "latest forum posts" extruding from the background plate graphic making some of it hard to read); 3) Clicking on a forum topic link returns no data (blank page); 4) A matter of opinion only, but the AdSense unit could use some integration with the color scheme.

I am using Opera 10.01. Flash should be the latest version as well.

No problem. always open to suggestions- be foolish not to be.

Yes, just checked the links etc not working (they work from the forum page at least) so much info not accessible :td: - will revert to my web team.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
•••
Man, I'd like to get this $7,500, but I have no chance with my INFO domains. I should pay more attention to them :)

•••
Man, I'd like to get this $7,500, but I have no chance with my INFO domains. I should pay more attention to them :)

Afilias have been running it for a few years so hopefully they will run it again next year.

There are 3 prizes this year

1st Prize: US$7500
2nd Prize: US$5000
3rd Prize: US$3000

Which is pretty good odds if you are in the final 10.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

submitted upload.info :) never know hehe

O/T but interesting - one of your competitors has just secured $7,109,999 in funding

www.sandhill.com/finance/detail_vc.php?id=3035

•••
nice promotion for .info
i missed this one, maybe next yr ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back