Dynadot

Do the domain name ownership details get removed from Whois when it expires ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paul123

Established Member
Impact
Hi. I have a domain that expired on the 9th of Jan. My details are still on Whois as the owner. Anyone know if my details (name / address) will be removed by them after the renewal grace period has also expired ? It was one of the first I regged and it is unlikey to be registered by anyone else

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Paul

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually the whois server will continue to respond even when the name has entered redemption. At pending delete stage, the whois output is normally blank. But this could vary depending on the registrar and this is assuming we are talking about .com or similar.

Also, some registrars may choose to put their own details in the whois record when the name is to be sent to the expired auctions...

•••
Thanks Kate. The domain is co.uk -- not dotcom

Best,
Paul

•••
I'm still getting junk email for a domain that I let drop a couple years ago. It's annoying. So, I'm thinking that some information is still out there. The domain that I let drop is available for hand reg.

•••
Thanks Kate. The domain is co.uk -- not dotcom
So the name should drop 90 days after expiry date. Until then the whois will continue to show registrant details.

I'm still getting junk email for a domain that I let drop a couple years ago. It's annoying. So, I'm thinking that some information is still out there. The domain that I let drop is available for hand reg.
Some people scrape and archive whois. Domaintools do that, but spammers too. While the domain no longer exists, the associated E-mail address is still valid and thus spamable :(

•••

Sometimes I receive spam about domains I have not owned in 5+ years. I think some spammers are using extremely outdated lists.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back