IT.COM

question Do domain bidders wait until the last minute before bidding?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

w3names

Established Member
Impact
I've always sold names through negotiation, but lately I've been experimenting with no reserve 7-day auctions at GoDaddy. So far it's been a disappointing experience, with just one bidder per listing despite my efforts during the 7 days to publicize the auction. Obviously name desirability is a factor, but my question is:

Is it common for bidders to appear in the last hour?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
last minute, no reason to drive price up for no reason

•••
I've always sold names through negotiation, but lately I've been experimenting with no reserve 7-day auctions at GoDaddy. So far it's been a disappointing experience, with just one bidder per listing despite my efforts during the 7 days to publicize the auction. Obviously name desirability is a factor, but my question is:

Is it common for bidders to appear in the last hour?

Thanks

It's common, and also common domainers spend much more time and money on expired auctions and line GoDaddy's pocket compared to money spent on public (domain investor) auctions.

•••
Whenever possible, i try to snipe. No need to show my interest to others.

From another hand, i can't count how many great names i missed this way because of auction sites lags....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back