IT.COM

Namesilo removed domain name from auction in the last hour

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I was tracking a domain name from 5days now... we have been 3 bidders against that domain name.

I was told to wait until the last minute to make a bid, and keep checking for the countdown each minute.... but unfortunatly when it left exactly 1h20min, the page disappeared !

I contacted support service to know more, they said that the domain owner renewed it!

He had all the time to renew it... why the last hour?

Veru upset and disgusted about this matter.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the tags. As other NPs have clarified above, the owner of the domain has until the end of the auction to renew their expiring name. It's a risky proposition that we don't recommend because if the renewal fails for whatever reason, they may end up losing the domain but some still test it.

Also, to clarify another misconception above - we don't bid on marketplace or expired domain names, users on our platform do.

Who knows if you BID on them or not ? It's a business like others and of course you will take profits from this - any other reasonable company will do same, and if you look into your business plan ... you will find a line about this.

Anyway, I had a very bad experience with your marketplace auction (Domain prices are the cheapest one I ever seen on the web, but for the auction, it's really bad - No other term to express it).

Like others said, you have to review your rules.

•••
UPDATE
------------

I don't want to comment about only bad things.

After the deception of the other day, I tried to BID on another domain name that I was interested in last day (I paid the max BID to reserve it for me so no one else bid after)... was worried that the same scenario plays again ... but by luck, this time all goes well and received the domain name the same day !

@namesilo Thanks... will keep doing business with your service again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back