IT.COM

DN Branding - Hyphen .com or non hyphen .org?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Was wondering if I could get some healthy feed back on Domain branding scenario. I've been working on launching an online vehicle, but the actual naming of the site in question has me torn...so as an example which would DN would be better suited for branding purposes as I have the keyword hyphen dot com and the non hyphen keyword dot org? The following are DN's which are EXAMPLES, not mine, but very close to the keyword centric niche used for demo purposes for the question at hand.

Which would you use to brand?

Rock-Music.com
or
RockMusic.org

Your replies are appreciated...Thanks!...:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on your content to some extent. Personally I don't like either choice very much for a commercial venture. If non-commercial, then I'd say the .org

•••
It depends on your content to some extent. Personally I don't like either choice very much for a commercial venture. If non-commercial, then I'd say the .org

True about the non commercial angle stub...which is why I'm leaning more towards the .org myself. In a nutshell this will be apart of a network/chain of sites that offer users different content...the idea is to create more of a social/community hub along the way.

•••
Yep, it's not perfect, but it would work on the .org. But since you are just setting this up, you could use any domain name for it. Brandable or Keyword. I would still personally prefer a .com. Look at this link and select begins with, for some suggested available .com's. http://www.leandomainsearch.com/search?q=rockmusic

•••
Yep, it's not perfect, but it would work on the .org. But since you are just setting this up, you could use any domain name for it. Brandable or Keyword. I would still personally prefer a .com. Look at this link and select begins with, for some suggested available .com's. http://www.leandomainsearch.com/search?q=rockmusic

Thanks Stub!...amazing DN tool!..cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back