Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah .That's a clean landing page, Let's see if epik can come up with something better than others. Like me now, I want a clean and professional landing page with the opportunity to receive Payment instantly like dan

Last edited:
•••
Only have used Epik for the .co special.

I like the registrar itself, and bulk options for editing domain info, nameservers are great, as well as exporting.

The landers are truly beautiful. A lot of information on marketplace traffic. Haven't had any sales with them, so not sure how smooth that is.

•••
Yeah .That's a clean landing page, Let's see if epik can come up with something better than others. Like me now, I want a clean and professional landing page with the opportunity to receive Payment instantly like dan

Talking about payment, I have received payment from Epik once in 2017 when I sold Constative.com and the wired transfer was the fasted I have ever received. Got it the same day it was wired. I also like the fact that I can receive payments and payouts through Bitcoin

•••
Only used Epik for.co sale. The experience was good. Yes, the landers are very good. will work on them for sure.

•••
The landers are truly beautiful. A lot of information on marketplace traffic. Haven't had any sales with them, so not sure how smooth that is.
I think @Rob Monster have some explanations to do about the slow sales on the platform, considering how beautiful the landing pages are. I believe the checkout process may be contributing.

•••
Only used Epik for.co sale. The experience was good. Yes, the landers are very good. will work on them for sure.
Another thing about the lander that stands out is the "Live Chat" on all parked domains. Ability for potential buyers to chat Epik support live from the landing page is priceless.

•••
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far but the future is looking so bright.

Thanks for the invitation here.

I am also going to invite @Ala Dadan to join us on this thread -- he is the genius designer behind this marketplace and I am sure will great appreciate the feedback.

I like what you did there with SSL lander: https://nagasaki.org/

As you know, the SSL is a unique 4096-bit SSL which helps with SEO but also with conversion. The trust seal in the upper right is a known boost for conversion with more improvements on the way.

Let me suggest what else can be done there:

- You can add content with the WYSIWYG editor. This is actually important for original content value for ranking in organic search.

- You can add your own Google Analytics code. This is useful for serving re-targeting ads where people who land on your domain lander can be re-targeted elsewhere.

- You can add more cosmetic enhancements like a custom Favicon.

There are more enhancements possible but those are the top 3.

We are working on an upgrade that will give every domain the option of a unique DNS, rather than sharing the Epik DNS. We run our own Anycast DNS and Global CDN so this is easy. Yes, SEO is KEY.

As for streamlining the checkout, that is great input. We'll get that done soon.

As for sales on these landers, earlier this morning, a sale for $69,995 was completed -- entirely through the parking lander. We don't usually announce sales, but there are many happy sellers.

These parking landers WORK. They work even better if domain owners tune them up but that is optional.

Keep that feedback coming. In the meantime, thanks for the opportunity to tap the collective intellect of the amazingly knowledgeable and discerning NamePros community.

•••
As for streamlining the checkout, that is great input. We'll get that done soon.

As for sales on these landers, earlier this morning, a sale for $69,995 was completed -- entirely through the parking lander. We don't usually announce sales, but there are many happy sellers.
Thank you @Rob Monster for the commitment and promise to work on the Checkout (y)

Glad to hear about the recent $69,995 sale. I have a strong believe the lander is going to attract numerous sales in the near future. I want to ask. Based on what you know, can you suggest we stick more to "Make offer" or to set "Buy now" prices? Which one do you think that works best?

•••
Thank you @Rob Monster for the commitment and promise to work on the Checkout (y)

Glad to hear about the recent $69,995 sale. I have a strong believe the lander is going to attract numerous sales in the near future. I want to ask. Based on what you know, can you suggest we stick more to "Make offer" or to set "Buy now" prices? Which one do you think that works best?

I am a big fan of Make Offer pricing. Part of the reason why is because you get more inquiries, but also because you can tailor your pricing in real-time. We monitor the inquiries 24/7 through email and chat. If we see a large offer or an offer from a legit prospect, we'll help you close the sale.

The other reason why I like Make offer is that if the prospect is big-time, you can ask a ridiculous price, e.g. we have seen sales of nothingburger multi-word domains go for $200K+ simply because the seller asked for a high opening price. Some crypto buyers in particular can pay above normal.

One overwhelming advantage of Epik over pretty much all other marketplaces is that we give you the contact details -- phone, email, name, IP address and comment --- of the person contacting you. So, you can tailor your price based on context. That "intelligence" can be of overwhelming value in tailoring your offer.

The inquiries are delivered instantly. We don't filter the comments either, which means if the person inquiring wants to give you a long story about why they need this domain, you can review that and decide whether to offer a lease, a sale or seller-financing. In some cases, Epik will even provide the financing.

Last but not least, we offer integrated LEASING of domains which means that the lessee can manage their domain completely self-service. This is because we are a REGISTRAR first and foremost. This is also cuts way down on domain fraud. This case of fraud prevention was recently discussed here.

Last edited:
•••
I have many domain with Epik but I am using Dan.com right now, they are working fine for me, but have missing out one big future, I am not sure Epik have this one. I love category for domains in my portfolio and if a buyer visit a CBD domain, all my CBD domains in my cbd category should display on the sale page under the title like "Related Domains". Epik or any platform have this one?

•••
I am a big fan of Make Offer pricing. Part of the reason why is because you get more inquiries, but also because you can tailor your pricing in real-time. We monitor the inquiries 24/7 through email and chat. If we see a large offer or an offer from a legit prospect, we'll help you close the sale.

The other reason why I like Make offer is that if the prospect is big-time, you can ask a ridiculous price, e.g. we have seen sales of nothingburger multi-word domains go for $200K+ simply because the seller asked for a high opening price. Some crypto buyers in particular can pay above normal.

One overwhelming advantage of Epik over pretty much all other marketplaces is that we give you the contact details -- phone, email, name, IP address and comment --- of the person contacting you. So, you can tailor your price based on context. That "intelligence" can be of overwhelming value in tailoring your offer.

The inquiries are delivered instantly. We don't filter the comments either, which means if the person inquiring wants to give you a long story about why they need this domain, you can review that and decide whether to offer a lease, a sale or seller-financing. In some cases, Epik will even provide the financing.

Last but not least, we offer integrated LEASING of domains which means that the lessee can manage their domain completely self-service. This is because we are a REGISTRAR first and foremost. This is also cuts way down on domain fraud. This case of fraud prevention was recently discussed here.

sounds great

•••
I have many domain with Epik but I am using Dan.com right now, they are working fine for me, but have missing out one big future, I am not sure Epik have this one. I love category for domains in my portfolio and if a buyer visit a CBD domain, all my CBD domains in my cbd category should display on the sale page under the title like "Related Domains". Epik or any platform have this one?
I am recently becoming a power user of Epik and I am loving it. And I have used Dan too for sometimes. Dan.com lander is no match to Epik lander, that I can tell you.

•••
Talking about payment, I have received payment from Epik once in 2017 when I sold Constative.com and the wired transfer was the fasted I have ever received. Got it the same day it was wired. I also like the fact that I can receive payments and payouts through Bitcoin
And what's the commission on sales like? Heard one will also pay additional fee to cash out apart from commission @Rob Monster

Last edited:
•••
I am recently becoming a power user of Epik and I am loving it. And I have used Dan too for sometimes. Dan.com lander is no match to Epik lander, that I can tell you.

That's awesome @dande.

Has anyone used the Google Analytics feature for ad retargeting? We don't put our own Google Analytics on there since we want to keep a diversified footprint.

Also, if anyone wants to use their own custom DNS, I would encourage experimenting there. Here is an IP address that can be used for that and still runs on our CDN and Anycast: 5.254.19.115

We are continuously testing and scaling what works. All ideas for best practices are welcome.

•••
@Rob Monster I plan to try ad retargeting in facebook and adwords, but do you have any sample on what the ad should be. I have experience in adwords and its all come down to wording in the ad and image used.

•••

dan lander converts

•••
Thank you all of the feedback and comments, such feedback will is constructive for us at Epik, as it provides with a guideline for what is working and what is not. And help us plan for future updates.

My Name is Ala Dadan, and as @Rob Monster has mentioned, I'm part of the great team behind Epik.

Currently, we are working on the following updates for the Parking landers:
- Provide the domainer with the ability to customize the domain lander even more. Giving the user full control of the front-end design and layout. For example, domainers will be able to Enable/disable various elements on the lander.

- SEO improvements, which includes an update on the HTML structure, meta tags and page load speed.

- General Design updates: introducing new background images and other content elements which will improve the page aesthetically.

- Seamless editing and publishing experience.

- Mobile view fixes and customization and performance review.

Finally, our goal is to introduce 4 to 5 new templates before this year-end. And another 10 by June next year.

I will watch this thread and review your comments and feedback on the platform.

thank you
Ala

•••
Thank you all of the feedback and comments, such feedback will is constructive for us at Epik, as it provides with a guideline for what is working and what is not. And help us plan for future updates.

My Name is Ala Dadan, and as @Rob Monster has mentioned, I'm part of the great team behind Epik.

- Provide the domainer with the ability to customize the domain lander even more. Giving the user full control of the front-end design and layout. For example, domainers will be able to Enable/disable various elements on the lander.

- SEO improvements, which includes an update on the HTML structure, meta tags and page load speed.

- General Design updates: introducing new background images and other content elements which will improve the page aesthetically.

Finally, our goal is to introduce 4 to 5 new templates before this year-end. And another 10 by June next year.

thank you
Ala

For those of you who don't know Ala, he and I have been working together since 2007. He has been with Epik since our founding. As for design skill, he is the closest thing to a "Jony Ive" that the domain industry probably has. I come up with vague ideas and he translates the vision into design reality, and helps to project manage the equally talented engineers. It seems a logical time to introduce him to NamePros because we view domain investors as our partners and making Domaining viable for everyone.

•••
Any tutorial link on changing lander options?

For example I have some names listed there now with low 1st payment and subsequent payment set for equal monthly amounts for the remainder of the plan. However on the lander it does not show the 1st lower payment and instead says the regular payment which may scare some off on larger purchases.

•••
Any tutorial link on changing lander options?

For example I have some names listed there now with low 1st payment and subsequent payment set for equal monthly amounts for the remainder of the plan. However on the lander it does not show the 1st lower payment and instead says the regular payment which may scare some off on larger purchases.

Sure, two key tutorials:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

@Jess Robison will welcome any feedback on these support articles.

•••
@Rob Monster - now I see why... I was using the regular marketplace option.

Thanks.

•••

thank you
Ala
Thanks Ala for the update. I like the innovations you guys are currently undergoing. I see Epik marketplace becoming one stop domain marketplace in the near future. It currently has almost everything a domainer needs to succeed.

I will be glad to offer some suggestions and the developments progresses. If possible, drop me your direct contact through DM so that I can contact you directly whenever I have suggestions that I think shouldn't be shared here.

@Rob Monster, someone asked about multiple commission on payout. Is that true, can you clarify please?

•••
It would be nice to have a universal setting for displaying the domain names with either lower case or upper case letters (or both as GoDaddy Auctions does).

Also, I think it is not possible to bulk upload a background image for all your listings?

As to the "Verified by TrustRatings.com" thing in the upper right corner, I went to the website and can see it is owned by Epik, so not really sure buyers will see this as an independent seal of approval. I'm not really sure what it is about to be honest ;)

•••
It would be nice to have a universal setting for displaying the domain names with either lower case or upper case letters (or both as GoDaddy Auctions does).

Also, I think it is not possible to bulk upload a background image for all your listings?

@Embrand
The domain name format is something we are working on too, should be included in future updates.

As for bulk background image upload. I think a media library will have that ability.
Something we are considering to add.

•••
Back