NameSilo

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by dande, Jul 24, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP

For NamePros members, .COM backorders are $8.49. So likely you are logged in and are seeing your Professional rate rather than the retail rate.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This is my first experience using the rent+option lander. Thanks @Rob Monster for this great feature. 1st monthly rental of $100 in my Masterbuck a/c. The buyer just started the 36 month rental with option to buy the domain for 5 figures any time during the period.

3. ShawnTeo

ShawnTeo Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

How does Epik know if I'm a Namepros member or not? To enjoy such unknown "perks".

4. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

Write an email to [email protected] and tell them you are a member here and give them you membername and you will recive the discounted pricing they offer NP users

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Rob Monster

That works.

Don't worry though, the hazing ritual is not too harsh.

6. Rob Monster

Yes, the leasing and financing tools are really slick and robust.

Also, your clients have a great experience because the company they are paying to use the domain (Epik) is also the registrar for support. The result is a seamless one-stop-shop.

We manage all of the remindering, payment processing and tech support. If you do a purchase option that is also all through the control panel.

We see transactions like this one all day long:

upload_2020-7-14_16-0-57.png

7. Votumejero

Votumejero Established Member

I need to verify via TXT record for squadhelp whitelabel market. Please what should be my input into the priority and host box? IMG_20200720_163008_249.jpg

8. vitigo

vitigo Established Member Epik.com Staff

9. Votumejero

Votumejero Established Member

10. NameDeck

NameDeck Top Contributor VIP

@Rob Monster

I noticed you guys switched to the new login for anonymize today and I got notice by email all Epik services will be using the new Federated Identity login shortly.

Does his mean my identity is shared across all Epik services and subsidiaries now? Just asking out of privacy concerns.

Knowing you guys you probably have that covered but still. Login looks nice and works smoothly though.

11. Rob Monster

It is all Epik Holdings, Inc -- the same Terms of Service.

Federated Identity is just a wholly owned business unit of Epik.

The full rollout kicks off tomorrow, Tuesday morning US time:

It means that once you login at Epik, you will also be logged in at Masterbucks, NameLiquidate, etc. These are all just faces/brands of Epik but running on unique domains.

It would be like having Microsoft Office but being able to launch Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

This is the biggest thing we have ever done, and it is actually designed to prevent security vulnerability because your identity exists in one place rather than replicated across many.

I think people will love it, especially Masterbucks 2.0 which goes live tomorrow which should blow people away. It is my favorite project of 2020.

12. NameDeck

Thank you! Sounds promising. I think I noticed FI about a year ago but it looked like a dead project. Good to see you didn't abandon it and were working on it behind the scenes! Good luck on the rollout. Lots of good upgrades/changes lately. Thanks.

13. Rob Monster

There is a long story there.

I have been working on Single Sign On Identity projects since 2007. The technology is not the hard part, though that is price of entry. The hard part is creating a sufficiently large cohort of compelling use cases with which to create critical mass.

If you look at the example of Auth0.com, they have now raised $330 million selling SSO solutions. And yet almost nobody has heard of them. That shows you how wide open this opportunity remains. So, we'll start with domains and then, Lord-willing, feather out.

You will see some very slick partner integration solutions, e.g. I would like to see parking companies pay customers daily via Masterbucks, and allow customers to tether their verified PPC stats to domains in a way that is easily verifiable.

So, WHOQ.com provides verified ownership, verified stats, and the ability to both message and transact with the owner of that domain regardless of which registrar they are using, all driven by the registrant,

In short, the concept of an industry operating system is unfolding and we could not be more excited.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  14. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

I'm having issues logging into my epik account under the new FederatedIdentity.com login. Probably using old login credentials. Still waiting for the password reset email.

How do I revert back to using: https://registrar.epik.com/auth/login ? with my old epik.com username/password credentials? I don't want to use federatedidentity.com. Is there a way to opt out?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  15. Grilled

16. Grilled

Still waiting for the password reset link.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if disabling old epik login and forcing legacy customers to use FederatedIdentity.com to sign on to Epik is even legal.

I don't see FederatedIdentity.com mentioned in epiks ToS.

17. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I am "successfully signed out" every time I visit epik and checking "remember me" on logging back in doesn't do a thing.

18. Grilled

So is the play here to pad your FederatedIdentity SSO userbase by forcing the existing epik customer base to use FederatedIdentity to help create critical mass? Is there an opt out? And did legal sign off on this?

19. NameDeck

For what it's worth,I didn't have to create a new login but I do share your concerns whether this is even legal to roll out for existing accounts. Especially for those in the EU, I see some issues.

20. Grilled

So your old epik.com login credentials worked on the FederatedIdentity.com sign in?

I tried saved login data (saved in chrome browser) from a previous FederatedIdentity.com experience.

My saved credentials that I previously used on the epik sign in were also saved in my chrome browser. But seeing how I was no longer on an epik.com page, that chrome saved username/password didn't auto populate.

21. NameDeck

Yes it worked. I tried to login to anonymize recently and had to submit my profile details again, using FI.

Afterwards my old login credentials seem to be working across all platforms. I don't use saved password etc in chrome, I don't trust anyone ;)

22. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Logged in for first time at federated identity using epik login info. everything worked fine

23. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Logging in is not an issue (for me), but when I log in checking "remember me", and get back half an hour later, I'm greeted with an empowering
    You are successfully Signed out!

24. Rob Monster

FederatedIdentity.com is wholly owned by Epik Holdings, Inc which owns the registrar you all are using. The point of this is to solve the problem of interoperability across the fast-growing federation of Epik services. These services can now come online much more quickly and leverage not only one login but one wallet and one checkout across services that domainers will appreciate. Some examples:

- Epik.com: Registrar and Host
    - Masterbucks.com: Cloud wallet for domain investors
    - Anonymize.com: VPN and WHOIS privacy proxy
    - NameLiquidate.com: Domain liquidation marketplace
    - DomainEquity.com: Peer to peer Domain Lending
    - DNProtect.com: Domain Risk Scoring and Insurance
    - DNEncrypt.com: Intermediate Root Certificate Authority for SSL/TLS
    - WHOQ.com: Universal WHOIS registry
    - TrustRatings.com: Rating and review service

I suggest to check out Masterbucks.com. It is really elegant.

More in the kitchen here:

https://www.epik.com/about/labs/

25. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Masterbucks is great! I've been using income from my first lease option to buy more domains. Wonder if you can use Maserbucks at other places such as Godaddy and other marketplaces.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice