IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone know where/how I can edit/correct CamelCasing for Epic landers?

•••
Anyone know where/how I can edit/correct CamelCasing for Epic landers?
Yes, It's right here :
upload_2019-11-2_20-10-11.png

If it's written in grey, Add the name to the marketplace and reload the page
You will then be able to edit it :)

Gube

•••
Nice .. is that new? lol .. Pretty sure it wasn't there a couple days ago! ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's been there since ... forever :)

Thanks .. I didn't see it when I checked because Domain Transform is greyed out when the parking is in "rotation". When you make a batch group action of adding sales landers, the system only changes the parking type to Epic for first domain, and not the rest.

I originally felt silly when @Gube posted above because I feel like that would have been the first place I would have looked .. but now after figuring out why it can be greyed out, I don't feel so silly because indeed it probably was the first place I looked .. lol

•••
Sorry if it's been discussed already (I haven't been following this thread real closely) but I'm curious if Epik has or is working on an automated auction platform for selling names? Would be cool to have a "Sell at Auction" option in our domain panel. Looking for something that would make it easy to liquidate names, ideally with a fee of like 5%. Something automated and more structured than a forum marketplace....

•••
Sorry if it's been discussed already (I haven't been following this thread real closely) but I'm curious if Epik has or is working on an automated auction platform for selling names? Would be cool to have a "Sell at Auction" option in our domain panel. Looking for something that would make it easy to liquidate names, ideally with a fee of like 5%. Something automated and more structured than a forum marketplace....
We don't have an auction platform yet other than what we do for expiring domains here : https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds (The price is lowered every hour until it reaches 9$ + renewal)
But, you can add your names to the epik marketplace and set a low bin, there are more and more people going through the list to find deals ;)

Gube

•••
We don't have an auction platform yet other than what we do for expiring domains here : https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds (The price is lowered every hour until it reaches 9$ + renewal)
But, you can add your names to the epik marketplace and set a low bin, there are more and more people going through the list to find deals ;)

Gube
Please is the daily diamond plus renewal $9 or $9 for claim and $9 for renewal?

God bless richly for the good work.

Joshua.

•••
Please is the daily diamond plus renewal $9 or $9 for claim and $9 for renewal?

God bless richly for the good work.

Joshua.
The last price is 9$ + renewal (Renewal is added on top of the 9$)
Some TLDs have premium renewal prices, double check the cart page to be sure of the price

Gube

•••
Can we get email confirmation of Epik pushes?

Currently there's no notification. There needs to be a paper trail.

•••
Can we get email confirmation of Epik pushes?

Currently there's no notification. There needs to be a paper trail.
There is a trail. You just go to Transfers > Get Transfer Status. But once you've done a few transfers you may need to use the filters to see the recent ones.
There have been some recommendations to Rob before that this is adjusted so that users are emailed (at the very least when something fails), as well as some suggestions on how that page should display. The default is to show the oldest transfers first from memory, which really doesn't make sense. Hopefully some of the changes are in the works.

Edit: here was one of my previous posts about it... I'm not really sure if it's on @Rob Monster's radar or not...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

How much time does it usually take for landing page to appear? I feel like I may have made a mistake while setting up..

•••
Can we capitalize certain letters of the domain name on the landing page? The "View Parked Page" shows all letters as small.

And there is no contact form.. and I don't know how to put the BIN price on there.. Do I have to put prices in the marketplace? These questions may have been answered before so I apologize for asking again.

•••
Hi

How much time does it usually take for landing page to appear? I feel like I may have made a mistake while setting up..
It can take up to 10 minutes after parking it.
You can clean your cache or try from another browser to see if it's up now

Gube

•••
Can we capitalize certain letters of the domain name on the landing page? The "View Parked Page" shows all letters as small.

And there is no contact form.. and I don't know how to put the BIN price on there.. Do I have to put prices in the marketplace? These questions may have been answered before so I apologize for asking again.
Check out this post about how to capitalize certain letters. The other stuff can definitely be done also though I can't tell you easily as I'm not using their landers presently.

•••
@Bob Hawkes i got this email friday, only image i have tried to upload. It was displaying correct for a while

The following domains experienced a processing error with your recently uploaded background image on your domain landing page:
Domain Uploaded File Name
idealtokens.com bitcoin-3411309_1280.jpg

You can either re-upload the image or reply to this email with the images and we'll be happy to assist with this task.

We apologize for the inconvenience

Edit: image re added by me, looked crappy on light theme switched to dark

Last edited:
•••
Epik running slow? 5 minutes my domains>dashboard wont load. mobile devices not loading at all, wifi or not.

•••
•••
Epik running slow?
Very slow for me too .. but still usable .. no time outs.

Give it about 10 minutes. Do NOT check it before that as your browser will likely cache the error page for several hours afterwards.

Also .. if already had your domains in "Parking Rotation" and you're creating landers in bulk .. make sure you also separately switch your domains to Epik Premium Parking, because when creating landers in bulk only the first domain gets switched to "Epik Premium Parking" automatically, and the rest will continue to go to the former parking unless you switch them to Epik Parking.

Again .. make sure the domain you want to change is set to Epik Parking .. otherwise if it's set to Parking Rotation, the option will not be available to you.

•••
This morning I got a message that Epik engineers were working on it when landers did not load (I tried three different ones). But for me at least everything seems working fine now (was a bit more than two hours ago when i had problems - teaches me to check anything before 6 am :xf.wink:). Even when landers did not work their main user site was working. Anyway, as I say, all work now (for me at least, western Canada).
Bob

•••
Again .. make sure the domain you want to change is set to Epik Parking .. otherwise if it's set to Parking Rotation, the option will not be available to you.
To add to Ategy's answer, Add the name to the marketplace to be able to change the capitalization of your names on landers and refresh the page.
You will then be able to go to Marketplace > Domain transform and keywords

150910_7643fb807b3595b3cc9c1ea5bef5fa31.png

Thanks,
Gube

•••
My mobile landers, there seems to be a large space between contact domain owner box and Why purchase this domain with Epik section.
Like this for anyone else? It may be my font/text size.

•••
My mobile landers, there seems to be a large space between contact domain owner box and Why purchase this domain with Epik section.
Like this for anyone else? It may be my font/text size.
upload_2019-11-4_17-2-46.png

This is the place where your custom text goes (if there is one)
But we could decrease the space in case there is no text, I'll check with the team and especially Ala to see what we can do here

Gube

•••
Thanks, it is like that only on mobile

•••

Yup, that would be great.
I keep on saying that we actually need a proper, unbiased auction platform in this little niche of ours.
Flippa is pretty much dead, Sedo is a joke with their listing fees, Namejet went down the drain, GD auctions is meh, Bido died years back...

I'm 100% sure that if anyone would build a proper auction marketplace, would score big in the future.

Hint, hint @Rob Monster :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back