Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I truly believe in Elephannt!

We all have a different perception of a great brandable or brand name.

•••
↑ This!

Think who in the world would want to name their new business or product Kicksky or Ranksky or Elephannt even, as opposed to almost an infinite number of other names listed on BB! Not that most of those are any better! ;)

Are these brandable? Yes! Are they pronouncable? Yes! Are they unique, interesting? Yes again! Are they viable (read: likely to be chosen) for a startup? Nope!

IMHO. I set up companies, startups some of them, for a living ;)
What do you think about something like 'vidiu' or 'syncflex', they are viable?

•••
I really like Vidiu a refreshing, modern, tehcy, viral, catchy and 5L short brand.

•••

Is it your domain?

•••
•••
What do you think about something like 'vidiu' or 'syncflex', they are viable?
Vidiu - definitely viable :)
Syncflex - sorry, nope!

•••
Ellephant - yes! Elephannt - nope!

Do you feel the difference? It has nothing to do with liking it or not. I like elephants, too, but brandabling is a kind of art. You can learn, get better at it, but you need to have the right gene to begin with. Like with painting. Or graphics design. Otherwise, well, you'll likely end up complaining about your BB sales ;)

Last edited:
•••
Vidiu - definitely viable :)
Syncflex - sorry, nope!
See, that why the brandable industry is so subjective: both of them were sold in the last month by BB. I just wanted to prove that nobody knows everything about brandables. Even the names which BB rejects, a lot of them are sold outside BB....and they are selling 800 names a year.

PS: I like elephannt as well

Last edited:
•••
See, that why the brandable industry is so subjective: both of them were sold in the last month by BB. I just wanted to prove that nobody knows everything about brandables. Even the names which BB rejects, a lot of them are sold outside BB....and they are selling 800 names a year.
Only thing objective about brandables is: the shorter the better (all other things being equal, and that part is totally subjective). So I stick to 5L's, for the most part.

Subjective and, don't forget, relative! Vidiu is viable, provided Vidio or Vidia are not available for sale at a similar price point! But may sell faster at a lower price point. Or maybe preferred by an existing business by that name ;)

Last edited:
•••
To add to that, when you have a name that you want to register/sell, ask yourself these 3 questions

1) Can it be a company name;
2) Can it be a product name;
3) Can it be a service name;

If you answered yes to any of the above, then ask yourself, would YOU use that name for choices above to run a business under that? And you cannot ignore importance of research here.

Name by itself has no meaning unless it can pass the tests above. Otherwise, it will just stay a name and stay between domainers.

Best.

Last edited:
•••
The problem with long names with an added letter is that it's hard for someone to remember which is the extra letter. When it's at the end it's easy to remember. If someone wanted to remember the name a few months after seeing it would they remember Elephannt, Ellephant, Elephhant, Elephaant, etc......I think the added extra letter works for names that are 6 letters or shorter but if it's longer I think it only works by adding the extra letter as the last letter only as an example Elephantt. Much easier to remember the extra last letter then one that is randomly placed. You have to ask yourself if all possible combinations of an extra letter name are taken would a startup choose your extra letter domain over someone else's extra letter domain.

•••
The problem with long names with an added letter is that it's hard for someone to remember which is the extra letter. When it's at the end it's easy to remember. If someone wanted to remember the name a few months after seeing it would they remember Elephannt, Ellephant, Elephhant, Elephaant, etc......I think the added extra letter works for names that are 6 letters or shorter but if it's longer I think it only works by adding the extra letter as the last letter only as an example Elephantt. Much easier to remember the extra last letter then one that is randomly placed. You have to ask yourself if all possible combinations of an extra letter name are taken would a startup choose your extra letter domain over someone else's extra letter domain.
I'm with you on this one. I have some long names accepted like 'recruitmentt' or 'monitoringg', but they are strong keywords and the double letter it's at the end. In the same time I have 'defensse' as well listed at over 3k, the keyword and the industry are strong for bb, and I think that it's the best combination out there for this keyword.

•••
61058_8325bdbeaeb419452aca4aea638f4d3c.png

Not a bad day for me. I am surprised that Domain and Startup Option were not accepted. I did submitted them for fun as I have plan to use them.

Macvu, I bought it the second I see it available. However 1 second latter I thought about TM issue. I am a huge hatter of TM domains. Well, pronounceable 5L domains are really getting expensive these days. D-:

Attachments

• bvc.png
    bvc.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 63
•••
Splendelle.com
Nizyo.com
Foodsey.com

Been rejected few weeks ago...

•••
Promotte
com
I see a ton of similar BB accepted names for sale on here
Any insight?

•••
Promotte
com
I see a ton of similar BB accepted names for sale on here
Any insight?

Maybe because of "E" at the end..
They love double letters but just with the consonant in the end...

•••
Some things to learn from my reject:
- They don't like double letter with vowel in the end ex: tte, lle
- Instead of "ey", they like ending like "eyo" ex: enveyo --> this name sold in BB some weeks ago.
- Instead of "consonant+yo", they prefer "consonant+io" ending. ex:zio, nio. So, avoid zyo, nyo

Last edited:
•••
This is in no means a criticism on Brandbucket . They run their business they way they see fit and accept domains ,which they think will sell .
I submitted the below domains recently and all were deemed not to be suitable .
I just like the members opinion about my domains ,compared with BB's in regard as being considered "Brandable"
These are mine
  • sjampoo.com
  • lunaticblonde.com
  • ilusif.com
  • uniferse.com
  • jakuar.com
  • haitii.com
  • shelinda.com
  • wihsky.com
  • wihskey.com
  • vegansoft.com
These are some of BB's taken from it's website .

supportingg.com
guaard.com
chhain.com
addingg.com
healthierr.com
spennd.com
whisperr.com
brainzia.com
staarter.com
prremium.com
bufferfly.com
incubaate.com

•••
All your names are very poor quality.

•••
Can't say I like any names in the post above

•••
This is in no means a criticism on Brandbucket . They run their business they way they see fit and accept domains ,which they think will sell .
I submitted the below domains recently and all were deemed not to be suitable .
I just like the members opinion about my domains ,compared with BB's in regard as being considered "Brandable"
These are mine
  • sjampoo.com
  • lunaticblonde.com
  • ilusif.com
  • uniferse.com
  • jakuar.com
  • haitii.com
  • shelinda.com
  • wihsky.com
  • wihskey.com
  • vegansoft.com
These are some of BB's taken from it's website .

supportingg.com
guaard.com
chhain.com
addingg.com
healthierr.com
spennd.com
whisperr.com
brainzia.com
staarter.com
prremium.com
bufferfly.com
incubaate.com

Except for haitii, I don't see how any of your domains are similar to the ones you extracted from the BB website. Not sure what you're comparing here

•••
BB is a total waste of time.

•••
All your names are very poor quality.
the first lot are mine ...

ilusif.com - elusive

jakuar.com - jaguar

uniferse.com - universe

sjampoo.com--shampoo

Last edited:
•••
•••
BB is a total waste of time.

Wrong. They just sold one of one of my listing.

Here is the notification;
"
Dear Joseph,

Congratulations your domain subtl.com has been sold on BrandBucket!

A BrandBucket representative will be in touch with you with instructions on how to proceed with the domain transfer. We must first be in contact with the buyer to find out which domain registrar he/she plans to use, so you can plan to hear from us usually within 1 to 5 days.

We would like to thank you for your trust and cooperation through this sale. We hope it has been an easy process for you and you will continue to partner with us on future domain sales.

Thank you,"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back