IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Holo Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MS have set the example by using hololens, not HolographicLens or HologramLens

@FUTRS....its because its a bit broad to be used as a startup and im also not a bog fan of the word holographic, .hologram is sightly better, but holo is best of the 3 IMO

hmmm... so do you generally consider start-ups as a primary target?... what about a mid sized company looking to make a name for themselves? is aiming for startups something you would advise others to do?... just curious.

just to be clear...
from my take..
... "HoloLens" is just the glasses that you wear WITH the Windows OS.... the os (Windows 10) is being labeled as "Microsoft Holographic"

think of this like 'X-Box' and the add-on was the 'Kinnect'
i think Holographic is still very much in play here
... but i also agree that 'Holo' is a nice way 'fun' brandable

•••
Stu, I reckon 99% of these are regged because of this thread lol

Dont read too much onto those stats, you only have to look at the words to see that, glitter?

•••
•••
•••
by the way...
there was a name on GDA about a week or two ago that you all let slip through the cracks ... right to me
i still don't know how it happened... but

... $12 closeout

• Holo Entertainment (.) com

:)

•••
@FUTRS

Not just startups but a lot of sales will be sold to new boys

medium companies in the tech niche will usually use their existing sites to market a new product and not register a new name just for their new product

3/4 of my cloud names were snapped up by startups and I research all the other cloud (and other future tech sales) and see if they are startups, existing companies, how big they are, how deep their pockets are etc etc... so I guess Im basing my opinion on previous sales which is really all we can go on in domaining

•••
hehehe... Nitin causing confusion with his Holo names lol

•••
@gilescoley . Do you think HoloComputing will be the term most commonly used?

•••
•••
•••
Had 3 more offers on HoloTalk ever since i last reported about offers on it.

•••
MS have set the example buying hololens, not HolographicLens or HologramLens

JMHO, but I couldn't agree more... I think the shorter more brand-able "Holo" takes it over the longer hologram/holographic names... (And a cursory look at the SEDO marketplace seems to validate this opinion, as the "holo" names seem to be more in demand than their longer brethren... Granted, of course, this marketplace reflects current domainer preferences, not necessarily those of long-term endusers... )

Above noted, I wish all holo-investors the best of luck, as every holo-related name sale benefits us all...

On a different note, I've received mid-upper $$$ offers on my holoconcert and holoshopping names... Holding out for more...

•••
by the way...
there was a name on GDA about a week or two ago that you all let slip through the cracks ... right to me
i still don't know how it happened... but

... $12 closeout

• Holo Entertainment (.) com

:)

I have holoentertain.com at least but that would be better...

•••
JMHO, but I couldn't agree more... I think the shorter more brand-able "Holo" takes it over the longer hologram/holographic names... (And a cursory look at the SEDO marketplace seems to validate this opinion, as the "holo" names seem to be more in demand than their longer brethren... Granted, of course, this marketplace reflects current domainer preferences, not necessarily those of long-term endusers... )

Above noted, I wish all holo-investors the best of luck, as every holo-related name sale benefits us all...

On a different note, I've received mid-upper $$$ offers on my holoconcert and holoshopping names... Holding out for more...

Don't you think some of these will be a case by case scenario?
Yes, Holo may be the more fun, cutesy brandable way to go in some cases, but what about the company that's a little more serious in what their product or service is?

For example, HologramMarketing vs HoloMarketing
I own the Hologram version and personally I like that one better... It just sounds more legitimate to me... more business like and I think there will be a lot of instances like that.

To make sure I am not misinterpreted - I DO like holo as a brandable... I like playing with joining two words off the holo brand (like Holotising for Holographic Advertising), but I really do think the use of Holograms has a very strong place in this niche as well.

Btw... Glancing at sedo and the bids you see there are probably 95% domainers at this point one would have to think (guessing) so I would be careful to make any judgement based on that

•••
Don't you think some of these will be a case by case scenario?
Yes, Holo may be the more fun, cutesy brandable way to go in some cases, but what about the company that's a little more serious in what their product or service is?

For example, HologramMarketing vs HoloMarketing
I own the Hologram version and personally I like that one better... It just sounds more legitimate to me... more business like and I think there will be a lot of instances like that.

To make sure I am not misinterpreted - I DO like holo as a brandable... I like playing with joining two words off the holo brand (like Holotising for Holographic Advertising), but I really do think the use of Holograms has a very strong place in this niche as well.

Btw... Glancing at sedo and the bids you see there are probably 95% domainers at this point one would have to think (guessing) so I would be careful to make any judgement based on that

Certainly it is "early days," and there will certainly be exceptions, but in my opinion MS has kind of set-the-table for the shorter "holo" type names... As a general investing rule of thumb, I believe shorter-is-better with these tech names... (e.g. Although I have future-tech names like exoskeletonrentals dot com, I'm pretty sure my exorentals dot com will be much more in demand... But I have been wrong before...:D)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Certainly it is "early days," and there will certainly be exceptions, but in my opinion MS has kind of set-the-table for the shorter "holo" type names... As a general investing rule of thumb, I believe shorter-is-better with these tech names... (e.g. Although I have future-tech names like exoskeletonrentals dot com, I'm pretty sure my exorentals dot com will be much more in demand... But I have been wrong before...:D)

Are there really rentals? Haha... I know a few people I'd like to drop in on wearing one of those :)

And actually I think MS opened the door for both Holo AND Holographic as the OS is Windows Holographic - a very much more dramatic tone than the fun HoloLens
Do you agree?

•••
•••
Are there really rentals? Haha... I know a few people I'd like to drop in on wearing one of those :)

And actually I think MS opened the door for both Holo AND Holographic as the OS is Windows Holographic - a very much more dramatic tone than the fun HoloLens
Do you agree?

Admittedly, it is a bit confusing to try and intuit which way MS is leaning in their naming regime, but I think they are biased towards "holo" - Beyond HoloLens, I understand their Dev.tool to create apps is HoloStudio (vs. HolographicStudio.) I have to assume that this isn't just happen-stance and some thought went into their choice, but time will tell...

(And as to exoskeleton rentals, to my knowledge, this business doesn't yet exist... But neither did hololens when I was busy regging holo domains several years ago! :))

•••
•••
Do you think HoloComputing will be the term most commonly used?

I think it will be more popular than "Hologrpahic Computing", its muicg shorter and easier to say, us humans love abbreviating and shortening words

It will be adopted by all companies, it wont be a cutesy, fun term, its already been used by a lot of companies in the industry. I hope you think of Microsoft as one of the companies that are a little more "serious"

•••
•••
I think it will be more popular than "Hologrpahic Computing", its muicg shorter and easier to say, us humans love abbreviating and shortening words

It will be adopted by all companies, it wont be a cutesy, fun term, its already been used by a lot of companies in the industry. I hope you think of Microsoft as one of the companies that are a little more "serious"

i do.. i also think this is why it's called "Windows Holographic" too
don't forget... JUST the headset is HoloLens

•••
I believe holovision is a TM (check holovision.com)

this part is scary
.... this is also something i mentioned previously... virtually anything 'Holo+' will be subject to tm issues
if holo is a'brandable' this is what comes with it

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back