NameSilo

.app Did you get a domain .app for a famous app on (App store and play store) ? I got 4

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branded

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
Some applications on app store and play store
The number of their downloads exceeds 100 million for each app, some of them are free and others are paid

I have booked :
Ballbool.app download times on play store (100 million - Free app)

Fifafootball.app download times on play store (100 million - Free app)

hitmansniper.app download times on play store ( 5 million - paid app)

lostjourney.app download times on play store
( 1 million - paid app)

What about you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
Some applications on app store and play store
The number of their downloads exceeds 100 million for each app, some of them are free and others are paid

I have booked :
Ballbool.app download times on play store (100 million - Free app)

Fifafootball.app download times on play store (100 million - Free app)

hitmansniper.app download times on play store ( 5 million - paid app)

lostjourney.app download times on play store
( 1 million - paid app)

What about you?

I would lose the Fifa name, they go after their trademark, last January they got fifa.net.

https://www.dndisputes.com/case/com...nternationale-de-football-association-fifa-2/

•••
Everyone would pretty much agree that no-one is going to touch the "Fifa" one with a bargepole, apart from Fifa's lawyers if they can be bothered. "Hitman" is also pushing it, yet another established brand and mark.

•••
The registrar sets a special period for owners of the trademarks by booking with their names (Sunrise period) , after that date, the booking of the domains will be available for all (GA)

Is it right ?

•••
The registrar sets a special period for owners of the trademarks by booking with their names (Sunrise period) , after that date, the booking of the domains will be available for all (GA)

Is it right ?

UDRP trumps any "General Availability" rights you think you may have.

•••

Is it right ?

That is correct. But that does not mean it's a good idea to go for tm names, you can still be burnt because of infringement.

They just didn't see the worth picking them up during early access. Possibly, not even in the future.

•••
I believe most registrars offer a period of grace (5 days) and money back...if you're quick enough. There's absolutely no value in holding either whether for re-sale or development. Having both establishes a pattern of registering trademarks.

I opted for FootballManager.APP during GA and missed out. It's a generic phrase, Football Manager first played on the ZX Spectrum in the 80s, created by Kevin Toms. But *Fifa or Fifa* and Hitman*, I'd be asking for my money back sharpish. I don't know the other apps to comment upon. I like your inspiration (smart to research popular apps) but poor execution.

Last edited:
•••
My team got around 100 domains for .app. First time in the domain selling space however have a lot of experience with online assets. Most the domains we got where generic utilities on the app store like policescanner/app or repair/app . Things that arent people's tradmark but could make a lot with the right branding .

•••
Although it was tempting to invest in, I invested in 0 .app names.
But I do want to wish everyone that invested much success with your names.

•••
I registered a few .app domains:

Partners.app
Fitting.app
SketchBook.app
Finders.app
HomeMaster.app

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back