IT.COM

discuss Did u get mid x,xxx or more for hand reg (Age less thn 1 year in last 1 year)? Do you have any Other?

NameSilo
Watch

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
Any one who got more than mid x,xxx USD for their Hand Reg: domain(s) in last one year. and Age also not more than a Year.
Please mention hand reg domains.
And do you have any other hand reg domain that you expect the same. you can Share your domain that you are expecting at least mid x,xxx USD.

For me, I am still looking for this luck.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hand regd Custom.tv and sold it for $3375
7 months later. That was last month. :)

•••
Handregged Peqoo.com sold at $1599 in 48 hours

•••
Hand reg (----)Lovers.com in Jul 2015, sold $2k in Mar 2016 :)

•••
Sold a hand reg a few weeks ago that I registered back in September or October for $x,xxx. It's not unheard of but with hand regs you will have to do some research and register a handful of them and hope for the best.

Don't expect to register gibberish and have a home run.

•••
Yes I registered a domain that "california" in it and got contacted by a company a few months later and sold it for $1,000.not mid $x,xxx though

•••
I handregged a VR name in January and sold it last week for $1800 via GoDaddy Auctions. The name was set as "Make offer".

This is my second sale so far, I made a thread of the first.

So it definitely happens, but it depends on several factors.

•••
Not mid 4 figs, but I handregged a dot net in January of 2015 for a future project... was recently contacted by a startup with the dot com that wanted it - sold for $1k. :)

•••
hand regged supplychain----something--.com last July. Sold in April for $5k. I have two other similar sales this year. I'm definitely very profitable on my hand regs. Just hard to find very many good ones to register. I might pick up between 0 and 5 per day.

•••
There's this deceased prince in Nigeria who cannot release his funds...
etc etc

The world/internet/emails are full of scammers with new ideas every day. Don't feel too bad, you're not the first to be drawn in to something which sounds potentially good. But honestly, if it's too good to be true it always is.
If someone is truly interested in a domain name (or anything you are selling) then they're willing to do it properly, and that means they pay you, and never you fork out something up front. You hold the item they want, so why should you pay ;)

Your domain name (sorry) is not worth very much as there are many alternatives, especially without a hyphen, and it's carries a potential for trademark infringement which means domainers with decent money to spend wouldn't touch it. So in this case the deal was unlikely to be anything but dodgy.

As with any problem in life, just learn from it ;) do a lot of reading round the forums, see what sells and for what, as well as namebio.com, DNJournal.com and domain sherpa etc. Buy low at first, and things with obvious commercial value like "ShoesOnline.com" (that is taken of course, just an example). And stay away from anything but .com until you know what really makes a good domain name.

Before you buy another domain (especially non.com) do some investigating on namebio to see similar sales (and make sure they are similar). And expect to potentially take months possibly years for it to sell (quick flips come with knowledge and experience, it's not hard, but you need to read and have a decent domain name)

:)

•••
Educationing.com a hand registered domain sold at BB for $1400 within 6 months of its registration.

Also I have an offer in hand of $1000 for hand reg domain onPriority.com

•••
I think 4 figures for hand reg is pretty rare. I think most hand reg get a nice quick flip to a smaller startup or business with a similar name for low to mid 3 figures.

•••
yes I am sure it happened, however you are more likely to make money playing this:

Scratch-off-tickets.jpg

•••
I had low $xxxx sale.

Last edited:
•••
Bought Modafinil/Store/dawt/king @ 2014.12.20, sold 2015.01.15. for $1500

•••
I handreggt a .de domain in late December, and sold it in late January for € 3.250 It was my first sale, and the buyer contacted me. I guess it was pure luck.

•••
Hi @ZapNano
Yes. I had a different website of my own at the time and listed all my domains there then made a fb page and twitter and just shared what domains were for sale. Just a couple of posts 3 or 4 times a day along with other normal industry posts so your not spamming your followers and sharing relevant news.

That works for me but everyone has their own ways.

I have now deleted that site and restructuring things a bit so I have put all the domains I'm selling on my personal site.

Will just blog and share from that. Keeps things simple.

•••
Last year I hand reg'd Ogavo.com and sold it on BrandBucket four months later. After fees I cleared just over $1K. Not bad for a $8.29 investment. :D Now if I could only do that with every domain I list on BrandBucket!

•••
Educationing.com a hand registered domain sold at BB for $1400 within 6 months of its registration.

Also I have an offer in hand of $1000 for hand reg domain onPriority.com
i wont say that you are quite lucky, but your hand reg are really smart ones. Great job..

•••
Sold one for mid 4 figures last year, was a hand reg think only 5 months earlier.

•••
Just out of interest, how did you make the sale. Did you do outbound marketing or did someone approach you?

Hi @Domain Detective :)

I was putting out posts on twitter and facebook and then it just sat for a few moths and someone contacted me via facebook. We exchanged emails and I started the transaction on Escrow once we had agreed on a price. He was going on holiday at the time so it delayed it a little but got it completed once he got back. Pretty smooth transaction other than that. Definitely applaud Escrow.com for making it easy to complete.

•••
Hi @Domain Detective :)

I was putting out posts on twitter and facebook and then it just sat for a few moths and someone contacted me via facebook. We exchanged emails and I started the transaction on Escrow once we had agreed on a price. He was going on holiday at the time so it delayed it a little but got it completed once he got back. Pretty smooth transaction other than that. Definitely applaud Escrow.com for making it easy to complete.
Did you mean you posted domain names on Facebook and Twitter?
I might want this idea then.

•••

Thanks for sharing.

•••
•••
I agree, it would be nice to hear of some :) Was just saying it's unlikely as it's rare, and I suppose many would not want to reveal they bought a name for $8 and sold for mid 4 figures. Hoping to read about some though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back